Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did anybody got prematch offer in IM Woodhull NY? - blanklife
Previously, they used to offer >15 seats in pre-match.
Didn't the PD say she was going all in the Match this year? At least that is what she told me. It's a new Pd this year. Did you interview here?
@skirilarry: I did there. So I was concerned. PD told to everyone she was in mood to go into match. But the chief resident was telling that at least few slots would be filled by pre-match. How was your interview there? If you requier visa: Did she ask you which visa would you require- J1 or H1 as if she was gonna rank you. She did so to me ( and to everyone I know).
yeah I need visa and she did ask me the same question but I don't think it indicates how/decision to rank.(or at least that wasn't how I interpreted it). She did tell me she thought I was a good candidate, and though she wasn't giving prematches, I shld call her if I get another offer, and she may change her mind(of course I am taking this with a pinch of salt as I later found out she also said same to a colleague of mine)
I felt my interview went well. I was interviewed by a relatively new attending, and we seemed to have a very good, nice discussion.
We ll see how it goes, it's not near the top of my list but I will be happy to Match there!
By the way, when did the chief say this? during the interview? Do you think his words have weight as opposed to what the PD herself said?
I had similar experience. She told everyone "You are a great candidate... give me a call near the match... get one of your mentors/letter writers to call me... etc. etc."
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »