Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
visa issues - residencyismylife
i have a b1/b2 visa and this will be my third visit in April for observership....i have been twice to us including the current one.....have been given six months at port of entry and have always gone back in 4 months...

will there be a problem next time when i come for observership to get a 6 month stay...the only thing i can show them at that time is the observership letter..please suggest
I can't emphasize this enough: DON'T LET THEM KNOW YOU ARE GOING FOR OBSERVERSHIP.

Border officer might cancel your B1/B2 visa. Do a little research on cases like this. You will be surprised.
then how to approach this case...man if cant say i am coming for observership..
if you have been outside the US long enough, you can simply say you are going for a vacation or visiting a relative. have all the places you plan to go to in mind. B1/B2 visa can be used for pleasure purposes especially if it's multiple entry. observership is simply a no-no.
Technically, B1/B2 is a business/pleasure visa so you CAN do observerships as long as not getting paid. However, be careful what language you use at the port of entry. When I came this November, they asked me why I was here twice before this year and I said that I WORKED with two different doctors, they thought I had taken up paid employment and took me for special Interview in the back room. There one officer just Interviewed me for 10 minutes and then gave me entry.

Say very clearly that you would be observing only and not getting paid for it. Even if you have to do an Externship, say this.
Hey @ residencyismylife : did you have any problems at the port of entry ?
i have visited usa 6times and this is going to be my 7th visit since 2007...irresepective of my purpose i said im goin fr vacation.
any one on visitor's visa with any suggestions? i was there last time for observerships from uni hospital, i had no problem getting a 6 month entry at JFK , this time its gonna be a group practice i ll be observing ,i dont know somehow port of entry always makes me a little apprehensive. since i intend to be there early part of sept i wont even have interview call letters either! all ur inputs would be highly helpful! thanks
@nuttydoc..

was made to sit 2 for 2 hours at airpprt ..eventually given 6 months stay but with a caution to not utilize this visa for so many visits..

be ready to explain everything you can with supporting documents
@residencyismylife : thanks a lot for that! what was ur port of entry and what did u say was the reason of ur visit and how much stay did u ask for ? thanks !
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »