Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2012 Prematch Thread - premtch
With interview season ending and its that time of the year, lets gather here and post if you have got prematch offer from any Program. This thread can be a reference ...although next year pre matches are completely upto the program to be all in or not.

You can choose to disclose the Program name or Choose not to. Its entirely up to you.

A few things that can help others instead of a one liner if you have time to post the details..

Name of the Program?
Interviewed the week of?
How many days/weeks after interview were you offered prematch?
How was the offer extended? - Telephone Call/ Email?
Did you accept it?
Scores?
Here are my details

Prematch not offered

for IM

1) Monmouth
2) Nassua
3) Easton
4) Bronx Lebanon
5) Coney
6) Univ of Las Vegas - Las Vegas
7) Detriot Sinai Grace

My Scores

2009 Grad / FMG / 217/225/CS Pass - All first attempt
Observership totaling 3 months in two Programs that have IM residency programs

Best of luck all... Its not over yet!!!!!!!!!
I interviewed on the 3rd week of December.
I got the pre-match offer one week after my interview date.
The offer was extended my email (they gave me 'couple of weeks' to get back to them - that was exactly how they put it).
I accepted it via email 2 weeks after the offer (I wanted to take my time and really think about this whole thing and kind of reflect on my personal interests and what this offer means to me. I emailed them in between stating that I'm away attending my interviews and will get back to them within 'the specified period').
The letter of intent was then mailed to me which I signed and returned in 3 days time.

YOG: 2006/ FMG. Scores: 227/252/CS Pass (all first attempt); No Observership.

Best wishes to all ..........
@abesha...seems quite like a program that offered me one too...can you mention the state and the type of program (uni, uni aff comm, comm) ?
specialty- peds
scores-240/226/221 cs 1st attempt YOG 2005 , NEED VISA

1st prematch- Comm hospital. offered 2days after iv ( 2nd week of Dec) by phone call.
did not accept bcoz of J1 and relocation.

2nd- comm hospital. offered 1 month after iv by phone call. Accepted.yet to send letter of intent.
@ frozentreat: it is a program in NY; univ affiliate comm.
@abesha...ok I was wondering if it is a uni affiliated program in illinois :-)...congratulations anyway and good luck for the upcoming residency
Congrats to all those with prematches. Just wondering....is today the last day that one can expect a prematch, given that Jan 31 is the deadline for programs to have their nrmp quota and at least a week is given for the candidates to make a decision...any thoughts??
why should it be today when they have till the 31st?
Sure they have until Jan 31, but I thought that they usually give some time for candidates to think their decision. I guess it is all relative. Some may need 2 weeks to reach a decision, others 2 days, in my case 2 minutesSmile)))
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »