Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is it a good idea - jn2013
i just got an interview yesterday in jackson park FM chicago....
my creds are 225/225/218..2010 grad...2 month of usce and 3 us lors...

i am interested in IM/PEDS/IM-PEDS ONLY...applied to FM just for backup..
have had 4 interviews and have got good response from the programs...1 program has said that if i dont match they will consider me strongly(pd said so) where i have done the observership...

my flight to home country is on 30th and my interview is on 9th...i am going ahead with my trip back home and wud wait for match...am i making a mistake by not attending the interview...

i am least interested in FM...and am hoping to get better response next year in peds if things dont work out as my LORS(peds) were uploaded quite late and step 3 results came late in december..or am i being too optimistic...i have 3 more months of rotations in teaching residency programs for next year as backup..
please put in your suggestions over my situation..the FM program isnt good and is in an unsafe locality...
and i need visa..
its a back up. so whats wrong in attending the iv. u can always go home and wait. attend the iv first. in case u match in IM or peds or both, then u wont have to worry about FM.
in case u do match in FMm u can always apply next year. with the FM experience, i am sure u can get in to PEDS.. and even IM..

think about it.
thanks..just 1 more thing can we apply again if we have completed 1 year of FM in other specialty next year..isnt there something like the GME not granting funds for not completing the residency..
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »