Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what should i do next?plz need advice - serene1983
i ve got only three interviews this year in IM,applied only in IM..ivs went good and so far ve good response from programs..my scores 239/244/220 cs 1st attemp..yog 2008 2 mnth obs in us in private practice with 2 us lors..need visa
wat are my chances to match and now what should i do just wait for march or start looking for obs/externships?
prepare for soap
thanks for ur reply..can you plz tell that do we need to pay eras application fees for soap as well? and should one limit speciality in soap? i mean u can apply in muliple specialities..so if i apply in fm i will have to work on fm personal statement for soap as well?
When did you apply? How many programs ? Your credentials seem good enough.
i applied on 1st sep, in 80 pg but highly selective acc to my credentials, got step 3 result in nov though..cant figure out wat went wrong..am very depressed
Hmmm......I really do not know what to say.....things are crazy nowadays apparently !!
"highly selective acc to my credentials" is subjective to each individual. Out of those 80 how many are community programs? How many are in the league of John Hopkins?

What did you base your selections on?

Is there a reason why you applied only 80?
applied to 80 coz maj of my batch mates applied to same no with similar cv and got decent no of calls last year and even this yr..40% uni and 60% community all img friendly..and only a few i will consider top notch
You do have good credentials. Everything that you can do for the current match is been done.
May be contact programs that you are considering them ranking high.

So I suggest , looking for observer ships right away in Teaching hospitals. Private Practice is ok , but teaching hospitals are better. You get to improve your people skills ( which I think sets you apart from the rest of candidates )

Best of luck for the season.
You might have to go back to "home country"...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »