Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preventive medicine? - mery
Any ideas about this residency ? is it like mph in public health?
are those advanced programs on eras like for pgy2? wht is the future of such residency? thanks for your feedback if you may know.
any ideas plz? is it worth it to go for such? or is it too competetive to get in anyways?
As far as I know ,to apply for preventive medicine ,it is required to complete one year of Pgy 1 training in ACGME accredited program.,and you will also be able to get MPH while doing Preventive medicine residency.

I would also like to know what would be the opportunities available after completing such residency?
https://freida.ama-assn.org/Freida/user/...viewDetail&spcCd=380&pageNumber=2
thank you for the explanations. it says unemployment 5% ! why shud a pgy2 choose such path? i am not sure about salary, since you need to work for others (i dont knw how a private office would work for such spec)? it says most of them are employed at army, but the army facilities takes only us citizen to begin(not even gc). if someone is a citiz and can make it to pgy2, there are much better residencies with army universities to join those like in gi or surgery or rad or derm or else. at least u can open a private office or work at a clinic.

i am still not sure what would be the opportunities available after completing such residency(and mph on top of it, people it is not easy to get those in residency, lots of study and research...and no money in it! u can practice in a clinic even as a fam med and enjoy life and earn more money, its future is clear and stable too. but wht wud be future for such residency (like better than none?)?

can we use it to improve the resume to apply next yr in a better program? i dont think so, since it is considered one time residency and the Medicare wudnt pay us as a resident to repeat another residency, i am still not sure??? appreciate ur input .
anyone?
????? no one is intrested....seems like improving resume and applying for psych and fm is better than this?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »