• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DO i stand any chance? - diaali1984
I got 222 step1
233 step2
CS failed once
1 year research on Chlamydia
2 US LORS
4 LORS from home country.
I love Obgyn, Can I hope getting matched in any obgyn university program?

Pls people help me
chance good but explaination in ps require why you fail the cs.
best of luck!
Thanks hold
what explanation can I give? i failed in CIS
better give honest good reason, then show how overcame it.
@hold
iv asked this Q in this forum many times but noone seems to give a real answer -
how do u mention something like a failed attemp in cs in ur ps
iv talked to seniors and some advice against it because even if u put a positive spin on it and show how it made u stronger blah blah, it still ends up throwing light on a negative point.. eventually they will see ur attempt so its not like ur hiding it but acc to what i can tell ps is for ur shining qualities to come thru and bringing this up sometimes throws cold water over an otherwise strong ps
so if one does chose to incorporate this into his/her ps, where do u stuff in a point like that?
any ideas wud be appreciated!
thanks
GL

ps diaali yes u do stand a chance!
@ Diaali: My experience from the match so far is ... no one gives a shit about PS till they have called you for interview .. THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS SCORES and CONTACTS , then maybe USCE counts next .. so scores, you already have them..they look decent for OBGYN..( If I were you, I'd add FM as a plan B in my mind from now itself)...as for your CS attempt, I can't think of a logical explanation for a CIS failure, If you can , great, otherwise, just leave it alone .. Dont bring it up in your interviews by yourself, if they ask, have a reply prepared...

Try to get USCE now.. maybe some more research .. that should prepare you for the next match..
my experience is that you shouldn't mention it in your ps and interview. I have an attempt in one of the exams and it was never brought up in any of my interviews but be ready for an answer if asked one. No one seemed to care at my interviews.
Just want to add if you are a recent graduate or a GC holder you have a very good chance. Other wise you need to pull right strings as the match is getting tough day by day and ppl are scoring high these days.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »