Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you don't match..... - azeb
......One of my very dear friend answered to me, initially it will be disheartening.... But will keep on chasing my dream

.....The other friend told me.......matched to one program doesn't fix all of all your life problems, and will take that as only one of the many life experience....

......the third responded as everything happens for a reason.....unmatched is welcomed one

...... I say I will blame the system ..... Do you think the system is worth trusty?

- we know some got interview, remember I say some, ....because of good connection ( social net work)

- We know some got PM, ..remember I say some, ..as a result of strong connection

..... But I didn't know any one who matched with connection,.... remember I said I didn't know,... but could be a strong possibility that some may be favored with NRMP match algorithm
their are many points but i belief that likwise many are beyond the scope of the img. By that i am talking those of us, who are not having any hospital conection or even singel relative in america.

the only thing in img control is ROL and that i say be very wise in making ROL so that mathcing chance will be maximized. Of-course program has the say, but the img candidate has to be also smart.
this system is not favoring img and everyone know that so i dont think is it worth trusty for the img.
and will not likely ever match until the end of time, then at least look for way to declare bankruptcy to dissolve student loan debt, for starters.

relinquish MD title somehow

live rest of life humiliated and feeling like failure and disgrace

flip burgers, do nothing, take jobs unrelated to healthcare just enough to get by so that unnecessary to be helped by family and relatives so much.

that's about it. cheers and keep on dreaming and reach for the stars
Why do we feel we are ENTITLED to a match in the US? We are IMGs who studied in schools outside of the USA. If USA was life and death, you should have ensured your MD was obtained on US soil.

The formula is simple. There are more applicants than positions. People will not match.

Life, if you allow, will move on.
@ snaggletooth77

I am sorry, you felt that way

But what do you think the missing element in this equation of going unmatched.

@5pani

You say.... Why do we feel we are ENTITLED to a match in the US? Yes we feel so... because matching in the first place should have been about academical competency....no more no less. I didn't understand those adjectives your using. Please come to your sense
Unmatched does not equal to disqualified. Try again if you are able to, you might get matched sooner or later. If you didnot match this time, you might match into a better program next time. God bless those who with a strong will.

Another opportunity for Azeb to thrive on the insecurity and desperation of pple to promote his propaganda about NRMP manipulating the system. If u have a proof...u are yet to present it.

If we dont match some will give up and go home
some will persist for years
and some will identify other avenues.

Before us there were others who had gone unmatched. The match is like "Real Life"
nrmp2012

This is another instance of dysfunction. I invited you to reread my first comment.
I said the system is not worth trusty.....we see the role of human factor in getting IV invitation, getting easily PMed...Am lying? Is this not the reality on the ground? It is.

.....with the same vein I doubted and questioned that the match algorithm could be influenced by human factor? what is wrong with this?
@azeb

You stated:
"matching in the first place should have been about academical competency"

It is .. What makes you think otherwise?
@Premtch

Oh my bad ...What is right with you now? I didn't think otherwise. Please read @5pani comment first and then you will understand mine. They are mutually exclusive.
BTW I am as such surprise you picked only that sentence from my whole comment
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »