Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how would you rank these IM programs - dr_no3man
- Jersey Shore University Medical Center, NJ
- Newark Beth Israel, NJ
- Detroit Medical Center (Sinai-Grace), Detroit, MI
- Monmouth Medical Center, NJ
- Temple University/ Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center, Johnstown, PA
I'm interested in fellowship post residency too.
Would really appreciate your input regarding ranking these programs.
Thanks.
anyone?
Thanks.
-Jersey Shore University Medical Center, NJ
- Newark Beth Israel, NJ
- Temple University/ Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center, Johnstown, PA
- Monmouth Medical Center, NJ
Detroit Medical Center (Sinai-Grace), Detroit, MI
Thank you very much Jenash. I appreciate your response. Why Conemaugh before Monmouth and DMC?? When I went to Conemaugh felt like out of every class goes to fellowship which is not really a good rank comaperd to DMC & Monmouth. Thank you very much for your response and will appreciate any more input.
you have to rank them according to your interview experience and how likely you are to be ranked as well... dont rank according to how "good the hospital is" or you will run the risk of staying unmatched.
drmaxb!! man there is no risk at all if I ranked them in whatever order that I'll end up unmatched because how I ranked them. This doesn't happen man. If only one program of these is interested in me and I ranked it the last, I'll match in that program. So no relationship between where am I going to rank the programs and my possibilities to match. Because My chances to match is depending on how these programs are going to rank me not on how am I going to rank them. BUT the main point in asking others opinion in ranking these programs is coming with proposal that every single one of them will rank me to match what the order of the programs that will better help me get into fellowship of my choice. Just wanted to clarify the point for you and thanks for your input.
Out of your list, I interviewed at DMC (Sinai-Grace) hospital only.

If you're interested in fellowships, this is not the place for you. In their website, ~4/20 people get into fellowships each year until 2009. After 2009, there's no one who got fellowship. During my interview, an associate PD said the website is up to date, and recently residents are more attracted to primary care.

On my interview day, one of the applicants said another Associate PD tried to convince him to do primary care rather than fellowships.

Hope that helps..

@Shanma: Thank you so much for your input. This might change the rank order list as I was thinking of ranking it in the 3rd place. Now it might go to the 5th! Thank again.
also dont forget to take in account what fellowship you want to do. GI, cardio, heme-onc, pulmonary, allergy etc. that may also affect your choice subtly.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »