Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What has program got to hide? - azeb
Let's really discuss whether programs clearly understood NRMP Violation?
Which information are disclosed which are not?

Early this morning I called PC of one program, which has already done its interview......
.....asked How many applicants are ranked? She immediately responded, it is not appropriate question and regarded as violation... Is it Mam? didn't want to talk further......then I retracted my subsequent question....

What a PC are you !!!!!!!....This trait captured me memorably...

The question u asked was inappropriate and a clear violation. U cant ask programs about how they do their ranking(number, position etc)
Why don't you ask her what colour her undergarments are? Why on earth would you call a PC and ask how many people they're ranking?????

You're either an unconventional comedian or somebody with uncontrolled anxieties. For the sake of your career stay away from this forum, lock up your phone and computer, and go for a walk and don't come back until Match Day.

WHY!?!?!?!
Appreciated. Can you give the link? I would like to learn more
azeb, I feel for you man. I have been reading many of your posts, and it seems that you definitely have uncontrolled anxiety. I don't blame you though, this is a very competitive and stressful process. I wish you luck (and relaxation!) But, why are you so anxious? Have you applied multiple times without success? Specific weakness in your application?
Hi Azeb, Don't jeopardize your chances in that program.
Here's a link of the NRMP policies : http://www.nrmp.org/res_match/about_res/ensuring.html
I hope you did not tell the PC your name?
I hope you hid your cell phone number too!
I don't know if it's a clear match violation azeb but you are treading dangerous waters by asking such questions. I know it is a violation to ask a program how many positions are unfilled prior to the match:

"7. An unmatched applicant contacts programs about unfilled positions prior to 2:00 eastern time on Monday of Match Week. It is a breach of the Match Participation Agreement for unmatched applicants to contact programs about unfilled positions prior to 2:00 eastern time on Monday of Match Week when ERAS begins sending applications as part of the Match Week Supplemental Offer and Acceptance Program (SOAP)."

This was from an email I received from the NRMP about the most common match violations.
grandpa anonymousadvice , what you are still doing in forum? no work in columbia?? don't loose the respect as a senior.

Azeb as a rule of thumb dont make questions about what constitutes a programs Rank Order...position, length etc and also programs shdnt be asking you where u applied, interviewed,rank order length, positions etc. Well this was what a PD told me once

I dont have time to peruse the NRMP website and find u a specific quote and I dont even know if they have listed all the possible match Violations on earth...but I think the most important thing is that the program cordinator was nice to tell u that the question was inappropriate...and even if the whole forum argued against it...they wouldnt be there for u...if case went to NRMP.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »