Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
@mleresidencytips - regarding FCVS and licensure - doc.12345
Hi,

i am currently waiting for the match ..... will using FCVS (Federation credential verification service) be of any use to me ... at this point of time ??

I have now come to know that when we start residency, we do not use a state physcian license but rather a temporary license which is altogether different .... is there any website which states the requirements for this temporary license ..... i know there are lot of websites and even a book for state licensure requirements for physcians but do any exist for temporary licenses ?? ( the step 3 requirement websites are unfortunately also for state licensure of physicians )

What all can i do NOW .. to expedite the process of obtaining temporary licensure .. if i get matched in march ??

and iam an IMG ... thanks in advance mleresidencytips .... and your website was of great help for me ... and iam sure if u made it into a book it would be a HUGE success ( i do know there are 2-3 other books like that ... but i think your website has a very personal touch)
sorry forgot to add the following

* I see that the temp license of illinois requires 4 weeks of psychiatry core rotation .... in my medical school u do 2 weeks of psychiatry during the 4th year and optionally 2 weeks during internship (which is 1 yr of clinical rotation after medical school) ..... i did'nt do the optional psychiatry ....... so now i am guessing i have done 2 weeks of psychiatry rotation cuz iam not sure whether wat u do during 4th year is core rotation or not ....... and i had read number of ppl saying that u can get a affidavit stating that u did 2 weeks during medical rotation .....

so my question is

1. should i ask my school to state that my 2 weeks of my medicine rotation during 4th yr as psychiatry or is it the 2 weeks during internship

2. Is there a sample affidavit ?? cuz i really don;t know how it should be structured ...

Thx again
??? bump ?
Hi,
[hello]
i am currently waiting for the match ....
[goodluck]

. will using FCVS (Federation credential verification service) be of any use to me ... at this point of time ??
[it is will not be of greater benefit at this late in the match season. once you begin your residency you can work through FCVS for getting credentialed and applying for a state license]

I have now come to know that when we start residency, we do not use a state physcian license but rather a temporary license which is altogether different .... is there any website which states the requirements for this temporary license .....
[the program will make arrangements for the temporary license. they will ask proper documents from you like ECFMG certificate, scores etc and theh work on it. you will rarely have to do any legwork on that regard]

i know there are lot of websites and even a book for state licensure requirements for physcians but do any exist for temporary licenses ?? ( the step 3 requirement websites are unfortunately also for state licensure of physicians )
[see response above. I used CT to take the step 3]

What all can i do NOW .. to expedite the process of obtaining temporary licensure .. if i get matched in march ??
[you dont have to do much, the program should take care of all the formalities]

and iam an IMG ... thanks in advance mleresidencytips .... and your website was of great help for me ... and iam sure if u made it into a book it would be a HUGE success ( i do know there are 2-3 other books like that ... but i think your website has a very personal touch)
[thank you - I hope continued support from you and your friends will go a long way]
I see that the temp license of illinois requires 4 weeks of psychiatry core rotation .... in my medical school u do 2 weeks of psychiatry during the 4th year and optionally 2 weeks during internship (which is 1 yr of clinical rotation after medical school) ..... i did'nt do the optional psychiatry ....... so now i am guessing i have done 2 weeks of psychiatry rotation cuz iam not sure whether wat u do during 4th year is core rotation or not ....... and i had read number of ppl saying that u can get a affidavit stating that u did 2 weeks during medical rotation .....

so my question is

1. should i ask my school to state that my 2 weeks of my medicine rotation during 4th yr as psychiatry or is it the 2 weeks during internship
[yes, i remember, In fact i had a document prepared from the school saying that I had done 4 weeks of psych training. I did not need to use it but it was good to have]

2. Is there a sample affidavit ?? cuz i really don;t know how it should be structured ...
[i can work on a sample affidavit based on what I have. But you will have to give me some time. I may have to look in my old file-O-documents to dig that one up]

Thx again
Thx Smile
this is a very helpful discussion but i think you should also look at the idfpr.com website
illinois is an issue every year as far as I can remember. Plenty of folks who have discussion threads regarding illinois license. Thankfully I am not in 'prairie state'
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »