Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
supplemental offer and acceptance program (soap) - kompete_xy
i think we shud register with nrmp before feb 22nd to be able to be eligible for soap. waste of another 100$
"Between Monday at 12:00 noon EDT and Wednesday at 12:00 noon EDT, you can submit 30 applications to unfilled programs. Between Wednesday at 12:00 noon and Thursday at 12:00 noon, you can submit 10 applications to unfilled programs. Between Thursday at 12:00 noon and Friday at 12:00 noon, you can submit 5 applications to unfilled programs"

does that mean i cant apply to more than 45 programs????
@chipliza

you can, but you need pay 30/program
Is the match result on 9th this year?? If we get matched we won't be eligible for soap so we will know about it on the 9th than as we won't get an email from them?
and also whats a partial match ?
docebzz, all you qns ansered in this post only, you are not having time to read it?
Very nice thread Kompete. Thanks for clarifying many questions. Could you please help me with this?

"To learn whether you are SOAP-eligible, log in to the R3 system at 12:00 noon eastern time the Friday before Match Week. You will be directed automatically to the Applicant Options Page, your home page in the system.

Your SOAP Status is displayed in the upper right corner of the screen and indicates whether you are eligible to participate in SOAP to obtain an unfilled position.

You also receive your SOAP status by e-mail from the NRMP on the Friday prior to Match Week.

SOAP status is provided to ALL applicants the Friday before Match Week, regardless of whether they obtained a position during the algorithm phase of The Match. Applicants will not learn whether they are matched or unmatched until noon eastern time on Monday of Match Week. Applicants who are SOAP-ineligible will not be able to participate in SOAP and will not have access to the List of Unfilled Programs."

So, that means, if you did not apply for a categorical position, then you would know whether you are SOAP eligible or not i.e; matched or not on Friday, 9th March itself!!! Really!!!
@mery and @komplete_xy - cud u plz email me the list of unfilled positions at tess.forum?

thnk u,
@kompete_xy

I applied for one Pediatric program today. Do I still have a chance to see and apply for internal medicine, pathology, prelimary-im/surgery unfilled position in SOAP?

Thanks
@ match path, you can apply only to 45 programs not more than that. You dont have to pay anything for soap.
any yes you can apply to any program as long as you are soap eligible.

@ bostonboss: you will only know if you are matched on monday, 12 march @ noon and on 16th you will know where you matched.
"SOAP status is provided to ALL applicants the Friday before Match Week, regardless of whether they obtained a position during the algorithm phase of The Match. Applicants will not learn whether they are matched or unmatched until noon eastern time on Monday of Match Week"
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »