Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 attempt in cs - gnc
hi,

i have a question. if somebody has 4 attempts in cs, and passed step1 and step2 ck with decent scores, us citizenship, strong publications (1st author in Science). what is the chance to get matched? thanks!
not good but everything is possible
get iv with descent factor soc....hope you understand me!
hi, byechance12, thanks for your reply! i am sorry what do you mean by "get iv with descent factor soc"? thanks!
any suggestions? thanks!
it is pretty tough...but nothin is impossible, just try. have some reason ready if someone asks why dat happened and it is 4 times,whumm....just be honest and see how u can figure a good reason to explain in case.
Dear Gnc,
Are you sure you want to do this? Dude you are a first rate scientist if you have a first author in Science!

For those that are not aware Science is one of the world's top scientific journals. The peer-reviewed journal, first published in 1880, is circulated weekly and has a print subscriber base of around 130,000. Science's impact factor for 2010 was 31.364 (as measured by the Institute for Scientific Information). I would give an arm and a leg to get a first author publication in science.

The fact that you have such a stellar publication should open up doors for your for jobs, faculty positions etc easily.

I think you are fighting a wrong battle my friend. the fact that you have 4 attempts in CS could be a hint that this is not what you want to do. Your strength is your research and intelligence, focus on that aspect.

In any case, in regards to your original question - "if somebody has 4 attempts in cs, and passed step1 and step2 ck with decent scores, us citizenship, strong publications (1st author in Science). what is the chance to get matched? thanks!"

attempts in CS (4 nonetheless) are going to be a tremendous setback. it is easier to explain 1 or 2 failure but difficult to justify taking and applicant with four attempts. positive aspects of your application are decent step 1 and 2 scores, US citizen.

Good luck dear scientist in your quest for this rat race called residency!
yeah , scientist is good....why not? and keep tryin in case. x4 cs is tough to reason...again , not impossible. humm,..some programs like challenging candidate and may give u a chance. basically, they can bring someone in or out, so t is always up to them if they wanna to give anyone a chance .
Hi, mleresidencytips and mery, thanks for your encouragements! I will try my best and hope for the best. best wishes and good luck to you!
Go ahead pass the step 3 and apply to pathology, radiology, research tract etc. Apply to university programs and research faculties who has strong publication background. You have chance!!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »