Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Match" is the best... - matchdoctor
You guys can argue all you want, in the end, to each its own. Good Luck to all.
it's pretty stable last few years, but not 85-90% of IMGs find the position ( including pre-match, match, scramble, post-match, off-cycle).

1. Few people got prematched.
2. About 40% got matched.
3. Few got post matched.

So, how many people can find positions? may be 50%, may be 60%.

However, through match, it is the best, for both programs and candidates.

If you can get prematch offer, you should not have any problem getting matched.
This topic remainds me of a song composed By The Doors...but they say West is the best...it's The end one.
esti online fratioare?
gogoasa i m not match doctor,i m a different person
who cares?
it is 85-90% believe it or not - I did computations last year - can't find them now - don't care to redo them (i'm pgy1 already)

but you can find stats on total number of residency positions, then you can see positions offered through NRMP ( the rest are outside the match - these are not few - there are many programs that fill majority of their position via pre-match )....then in the Match 55% of IMGs match....the numbers are on NRMP site...then number of positions in scramble is also there...

basically most IMGs find positions...it's really hard for people with low scores/attempts AND without GC at the same time...everyone else usually manages to find a spot...
Here is what I heard from one PD whom I interviewed with. IM: a total of 7500 position. only 4-4.5K in NRMP. So, what happened to rest of 3-3.5K: prematched or other route. Who are those among 3-3.5K? I would bet most are IMGs since not many AMG would take prematch. Therefore, the actual % of IMG being matched is definitely >> than the 50-55% published in NRMP. Is it close to 90%? I am not sure but I hope so. So the odds is pretty good for IM.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »