Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
why leena feels that way.. - sheelamd
eena91 - 07/27/10 00:42

I am an Indian Girl....I grew up in the US....and when I didnt get into medical school here in the US, my parents sent me to India to do med school there. I somehow got thru med school in India (which was the worst trauma of my life!!). Then I came back to the US 3 years ago...and I have been trying to study for this bloody test since then!!....I have started it again and again ...only to find myself not able to do it. And now I lack the motivation also. I just cannot study anymore in my life. I am still living with my parents....and I have to ask them for money. This makes me feel very bad inside. And sometimes my cellphone minutes go over and i get charged more money on my cellphone bill...and I get yelled at by my dad for that!...He wants me to cut down on my expenses....But I feel I have suffered a lot already in my life. I want to enjoy now. I want to do the things that I missed in my life while I was in med school in India. But I always have to answer to my parents about every dollar that I spent.....and I HATE THAT!!!....I want to earn my own money and to enjoy life. I am interested in the fashion world....Many times I dress myself fashionably and just get some good photographers to take photoshots of me.....and all this costs money ofcourse!!....I love the way I look...I am 5ft 9 inches and am attractive....I have friends who are designers too...and I love their company. I also love the fact that I am a doctor....This tittle has got me respect...so I am not going to shun it!!....After all I AM a doctor. But now I want to relax...and spend the rest of my life enjoying the fashion world. But I have no money.....and for that I have to listen to my parents and that is very upsetting....My dad is getting angry....watching me spend years trying to pass this pathetic test....But my mind is not into it any more...I hate this test...and I get yelled at by my parents a lot becoz they are sick of waiting for it and of supporting me financially. I dont like being dependant on them. I want to earn my own money but there arents any jobs available now. Plz help.....I want to be a doctor....but I am not willing to give up my passion for photography and fashion either. Plz help....what shud i do? I am just so upset...I just got yelled at by my dad and am crying now...I hope u all can understand my problem and guide me . Thanks!

leena91 - 05/08/11 19:33

I just simply dont WANT to study any more in life. I have tried again and again but I am simply not interested in doing this any more. I see all my friends working good jobs and making money and living happier lives than me. After all what am I going to get by doing this? Life will not be easy in Residency either!! By the time I come out of residency I will be in my late 30s - 40!!! My problem is that this profession took everything from my life and did not give me back the peace and inner happiness that I was looking for. And Now I am stuck. I think many times of giving this profession up but people tell me that I will lose the respect of a doctor and that people will consider me as a loser.

oh boy, really...lemme add some more:
and my dream to find an American boyf is dead,coz American boys dont receive me and think i am an Indian...while I am keep telling everywhere tha by now I AM AN AMERICAN AND CITIZEN and i deserve a rich educated doctor HUSBAND to support me , to love me, to pay my bills, my car, cute house, helper......and even to make contact and link, so with all my poor credit, i can get in a residency and reach my dreams!!! but but but these damn guys still think i am an INDIAN ! I AM NOT ! I AM NOT! I AM AMERICAN! i deserve more!!!!!! Sad(((((((((((((((((((( throw away these other foreigners, so they have to put up with me and my kind!!!
LOLOL...u guys will never really figure out who I am!! becoz each post of mine is different and could give u conflicting reports...lol..Happy searching!!!
did you read my other post where I passed step 3 also and I want to be an astronaut too??!!! LOLOL....I just love how I have got you guys!!
leena i can understand your story. its not very much different from mine except that i am a guy and cant go to fashion industry Smile
Leena...Email me at usmlev

Listen..You can do BOTH fashion and medicine. I am doing both. I even started my own side business while preparing for these tests. Just calm down. I am also a US Citizen from India but I grew up here. You just need to learn to view the positive side of things. All of us docs have other passions besides medicine. You dont need to give them up. One of my study partners is a dancer and he teaches dance lessons while studying for these tests. Dont get frustrated. And yes, US Citizens are given priority over non-US Citizen IMGs. So, just have patience...

Email me if you want to talk. Smile .
I am not interested in fashion and photography any more. I began to hate it after a while. I have some other hobbies that I am into now like Investment banking etc...So I do that on the side. And I took my step 1 already. All these people betray thier home land and come here and take our spots. Dont you find that intriguing??!!
Everybody has their own advantages and disadvantages...You really cannot think like that. We have the Citizenship. But they dont. Now whose disadvantage is that? Theirs...right? So, then what are you worried about?

Just relax, take it easy..Go do something comfy for a while..:-)
Let me try and see

Sorry for Not polluting!
Dear Leena,

Nice ! I am also into the fashion world. Its interesting to know that there are a couple of us fashion docs out here. I am actually involved with the fashion world . I also love photography and have my own equipment. I might do photography as a side business as I am really good at it. Yes , I agree with Arundhati ...You should not give up your talents and passions for medicine. I consider these as a blessing. And you say above that you are 5ft9 inches??!! Have you ever considered modelling for fashion ...even as a side part time job....Since I am involved with the fashion industry, I could help you...Do contact me if you ever want to pursue it! My email is swatirocks
I know many models who are studying law and medicine and are supermodels. I will introduce you to them. You will begin to love yourself after that.

And yes, please please dont give up medicine. You went to India to do medicine...right? Now ,make it count!!....Just get done through your tests and apply. I am also an Indian US Citizen like you. I can totally relate to that parental pressure at home. Just study. Dont fight your parents. Let them say what they want. Just listen from one ear and take out from the other ear. But do what your heart wants. And once you have got residency and also pursued fashion you will realize what a complete package you are...so blessed!! Most people here can only do medicine...While people like us who are born with extra talent really have it all!!...There was a girl in my med school class who had this exceptional singing voice even. She is now doing her residency!! I love people like that! Who have it all!

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »