Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
nbme7 blck4 qn no. 11..need explanation - doctrepntr111
A 20 month old boy is brought to the physician by his mother because she is concerned about his development." I dont understand.His 4 year old sister had no problem with speech when she was his age.He is able to make some sounds including "b" and "p" spontaneously, but he seems slow to imitate words the parents say.He is active, able to run a few steps and can recognize shapes and do simple puzzles.He is at the 60th percentile for lenght and weight, and 75th percentile for head circumference. He is friendly and cooperative and has good eye contact. Physical examination shows no abnormalities. Which of the following is the most appropriate initial statement by the physician?

A)"I recommend that he undergo a hearing screen as soon as possible"
B)"I wouldn't worry. Boys often speak later than girls do."
C)"I'm going to schedule him for an MRI of the brain to exclude hydrocephalus"
D)"You should give him things only if he attempts to ask for them"
E)"You should have him evaluated by a child psychologist for possible autistic disorder"
someone plz...
my probable gues is ans B bkoz there is no abmormalities in a boy in question stem......
"he seems slow to imitate words the parents say"....means he is able to hear and imitate the words ,but slowly...so he is okay
ya don870,maryam2009...i put answer b and got it wrong...so i wonder whats the answer?
Answer a
oh,really...then A would be the best choice.Thank you for sharing..because I did it offline
thanks dicky306
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »