Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Ivs so no ROL and Qs abt scramble - pacemaker
I have a few querries to clear.
1). If No Ivs we cannot rank any program because we donot have any program in hands to go for ranking. Am I right.

2). Do we have to pay If we apply to more than 30 programs in scramble. The first any specialty 30 programs in scramble are free according to my understanding If one is NRMP registered.
If we pay, then is it the same amount of money for each program as in regular september application, like for first 10 programs we pay $85, the next 10 programs we pay $15 for each program OR the first 30 program we pay $300 in the same specialty.
pls any kind soul pls do answer.
1)yes
2)no,u should pay only $50 for nrmp and it include soap(first 30's)
Thanks for your your kind reply.

Yes. we donot pay for the first 30 programs but how about if we want to send more than 30 application. Do we pay for the rest after the first 30 free aplication.
yes, you have to pay after 30 application..check nrmp.org for SOAP.
yes u should but I'm not sure how much,but lamorghini is right,there r lots of good info in nrmp website or check this out:
http://www.nrmp.org/soap2012applicants.pdf
very useful
Thanks for your kind reply.I'll check it out later.
Do we have to pay the same amount of money as we did in september 2011 regular application. I mean is it $85 for the first 10 programs (after we apply to 30 programs for free) then $15 for the next 10 and so on.
I need to know this to be able to save money from my pay check...lol from now. This is very important for me to know.
i am not sure, but kompete_xy has lots of good info here on forum.
i dont think if we can apply for more than 30 programs, since they fill their slots...so finding mroe than 30 programs dont seem realistic.
the key is that most of those unfilled slots (like from last yr, u can see many programs seem to have unfilled slots)=> but most of those are not real. they keep it for their own amg to fill in scramble Sad so for us to get in those programs with no link aint going to happen.
of course, this yr it says no calls or else, which i doubt, because many amgs have this way to get in when they cant match and it is an old traditional way for them to get in thru their owb med school and dean who call for them.
i really dont knw how it works this yr, seems much better....but if it is indeed realistic .
i hate t shell more $$$ for none! if it is going to go to those amgs thru their med school and dean office, we aint going to make it...unless i am missing some!?
the link that I sent u covers every info u really need for soap
it has verbal explanation,and if I was u,I would watch it, it takes less than 15min to listen to
copy and paste the link to your barowser
it is a pdf file with verbal explanation as I said,
if there is any more Q after that, u r more than wellcome to askSmile
Thanks. I am going to download it in a min.
I totally understand about AMGs having more importance for unfilled seats. But we gotta do what we need to. If I have to spend to get in then I'll, knowingly that It might not work. We all have to try for it.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »