Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good News on J1 - dilemna_doc
thats right almost all university hospitals have to follow newguidelines for fellowships..which makess j1 compulsory...its almost impossible to get good fellowships on h1 and hence j 1 is new rule...
i dont have much idea about the visa process.. have a doubt... If I enter residency on a J1, can I transfer the J1 to a fellowship program which accepts me right after residency or do I have to do the waiver first?
@docmaria
one can do a fellowship , right after residency and then do a waiver job. But the combined duration of fellowship and residency has to be 7 years or less.
oh ok got it... thank you dr123mle!
is the NORI certificate also applicable to the those people from the union territories of india who have a different nationality.
Or what if a student gets a H1b visa.
Is this currently valid or outdated? 7 lakhs to break the bond? Do we have a reliable source such as indian govt website?

please comment

Thanks
i read that its 5 lakhs...so does that mean that you pay 5 lakhs to the indian govt and they will give you noc to get a j1 waiver job ?
Please do some research before writing rubbish.

NORI is not needed for physicians applying for waiver jobs. NORi route of waiving home country residency requirement is not alloed for doctors.

Bond of 5 lakhs is for issuing NOC or statement of need certificates, not NORI.

Guyz if you do not do research on USA laws then you will be in trouble.

USA IS A COUNTRY OF MANY UN SPOKEN AND UN CLEAR RULES when it comes to visa and immigration stuff, so please educate yourself.
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A RESEARCH POSITION OR CLINICAL ROTATION IN THE U.S. TO IMPROVE CV?

If you are looking for a research position or a clinical rotation in the U.S. to improve your CV for the Match, we can help. Most of the positions we arrange for are at well-known universities. Please provide some details about your credentials, and your specialty and location of interest, and contact us at BetterCVinMatch2014. We can provide a list of references upon request.

Thank you!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »