Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
to tiguere - urgent bro - doc_droc_apurva
hi there

I have applied this yr but havent recieved many calls. I was thinking about getting usce in hope for strengthening my creds for next match. I am currently in California till the end of May 2006.

I have graduated with my basic degree of M.B., B. S. but am currently pursueing a geriatric residency. will i be considered as a MEDICAL STUDENT? will i be able to schedule a away rotation/subinternship (i believe that is what medical students do)?

is there anything i could do as an RESIDENT of geriatrics? can i schedule a away residency rotation? or do u have to be a resident in a us residency program? is it legal like the rotations for medical students? i have a letter from my program stating that i am a resident there. but i dont believe they would be ready to sign any more paperwork bcoz in a way i am a deserter. i dont know the details about this path as i havent heard any1 try it b4. can it be done? u were the person whom i have heard mentioning it on this forum. do u know some1 who has done somethin like this b4?

how would one approach a program? and what should i say? should i try as a medical student/resident? bcoz i probably will have only one chance per program and i dont want to mess up. and there is a big shortage of programs nearbySmile

i am more interested in trying for hands on clin ex at a reputed place rather than shadowing/observership. that is why i am being so specific about details. what would your best advice be?

apurva
I don't know the answer to your specific question, but overall you can apply for subinternship anytime you want the worst they can say is no.
first u need to finish the IM program and then you can do a fellowship in geriatrics
atleast this is what i know
To Apurva, What is the procedure to get into geriatrics residency? Can u do it, before doing IM residency?>
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »