Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
J1 research to H1? - ppsl
Is anyone attempting the waiver and switch to H1 for residency?
Hi PPSL...

Can you please give information of place where u able to get J1 research visa.?

I would like to apply for tht...Please help for tht..

thanks..
I am trying to transfer J1 research to H1. Do you want to share some info?
@danielsdj: email me at pp_sl@ymail.com...it'll be good to know someone in the same boat..
I am not in the same boat but was wondering initially what might be the route.

http://www.usmleforum.com/showthread.php?tid=576344
U have to first of all ask for a waiver of the J1 research(that is if u are subject to the 2 years home)
Hi Guys......I am from India and presently on a J1 research visa. I am trying to get the waiver and the No objection letters. If any of you would like to work with me, please contact me @kkrsita. Thank you.
To PPSL, ZNMD, NRMP, DCGUY, DANIELSDJ and BLACKYEAR....
I have a quick question for u guys...
What if u all get a waiver and then match into a J1 program, will u be eligible for a J1 clinical ???
@blackyear...emailed you..

@art20: i am applying for the waiver bcoz i have prematched....you should wait till you have a residency position before applying for waiver bcoz once your waiver is approved it is highly unlikely that you can get any J1 again...including J1 clinical or extension of your J1 research..

Art20
I wont advise that and I agree with ppsl.
Once u get a waiver....u have given indication that u arent interested in going back to your home country(that is why u sought waiver in the first place).
If u try and apply for a J1 clinical....the visa officer can refuse u on the grounds that he/she doesnt believe you will return to your country.
So go for the waiver only when u sure that the next step is H1 or green card
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »