Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Factors for matching. - goddoc
Which of these factors matters most for getting into residency>?

1. Scores.
2. Visa status
3.USCE and research experience.

I was reading the post on IV calls and got the impression only people with no visa needs and tons of usce/research get calls.
how about connection))))))))))
connection )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) indefinitely!
ok connection matters what next?
my personal experience, these are the three major factors:
YOG/Scores/USCE..... you have these 3 and you are golden.
gc + citizen does not really help much - in fact my cousin who has better scores than me but 9 yrs old yog got fewer interviews than me ( 2 yrs yog)
Thanks mangoe ,but i thought many programs do not sponsor a visa so if u have a PR or GC, chances are higher they ll call you for an IV. Am i right?
i did not see that problem for IM, Peds and Psych. But maybe FM - i don't know.
Again if you have new yog, decent scores and good lors from usce you will get IVs.. visa is not an issue at all.
You are worrying too much i think, understandable, but don't let it affect your exam prep and stuff
Thanks mangoe,you are absolutely correct.
Visa is the main issue for certain programs specially in new York .
yeah visa is not an issue at all.

if u are fresh grad with superb score n tons of usce..,u are like a mercedes(everyone wants u)
so prolly will get matched into univ. program
if u have one less than the above said qualities..,u are like a toyota( u are easily affordable)
so prolly will get matched to a community program.
2 less qualities then u need a broker(contacts) to sell u.
none of the above mentioned qualities n no contacts..,pack ur stuff and go home, US is not
the only place to live.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »