Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MY CK JOURNEY ended with 253/85 - nowckturn
HI GUYS!!! SALAM, NAMASTE, and GOOD TIMES for you all. Though not so much biggy scores but it will probably help me ahead for my application for residency in a good way. and Like me there are many students who may get benefit from my experience. In brief i m gona tell my experience and there will be one suggestion in the end for the exam.
My DURATION for CK prep ---- 7 months ( july 2011-jan 2012 ).
My Material USED ----- KAPLAN SERIES + UWORLD + HARRISON ( REFERRAL for confusions ) + GOOGLE ( OTHER WAY TO REMOVE CONFUSIONS ) + Q BANK + USMLEFORUM ( THE BEST WAY TO REMOVE CONFUSIONS ).
MY UWORLD score when i was practising for first time ---- 78% --- offline mode --- subject wise -- untimed
Online mode UWORLD -- timed -- random --- 86 % --- completed within 7 days that were my last days --- I think this is the best way to rewise and orient yourself according to exam.
I missed to do UWORLD ASSESSMENT ( though i consider it must be done atleast a month b4 ).
I used to NBME with you people when any one posted his / her qs in this forum..
My suggestion --- > I think the key management of the exam is the time management -------- we all know what was given in the exam but we need to be very fast to understant what is being asked ?? I could not ace the test but you people can do it if you manage this issue... when u people will read whole of the topics given in the above written material u would have enough knowledge to ace the test provided u are faster and faster.
I have some material that i made myself and some other material that i got from this forum, if any of you would like to get, just contact me at
I am thankful to all you people and happy about my result because one would get that result which he / she deserves.
Special thanks to the friends whom i was / am in contact with ------ >>> angeldust1, examusmle, raheem (U R A GOOD TEACHER MAN,, please let me know your email address if you want me to be your friend), sonia29 ( you are quit tricky and ask very much confusing questions,, u 2 please give me your email address if you want me to be your friend), pursuit, mafiafreeze, my teacher and my senior (SADTAB), ESHA, gopal6120 ( hey gopal i dont remem ur no man, m sorry if i m wrong for this ), JAY, genewalking, usmleburger, vatsalshruti, drguirand, iwantresidency and hey i m sorry if i can not mention any one. Every people of the forum is contributor to the other's scorer.
Also i just got average score but to ace the test follow AMIRRH896 --- ( one who got 281 / 90 ) ----------- i was encouraged by him when he posted his thread. THANK U 2 MAN...
Please be free to ask even a micro thing from me, it will be my pleasure to give the response. THANK U ALL ONCE AGAIN ----
congratulations
Thank you MINUSHA
congratulations! Great score.
congrats on score this nice score and sharing your exam and prepn experiences.
could you plz provide timeline of ur prepn and how did you prepare in last month of your prepn. are MTBs in the picture or not? plz send me the material you have .Good luck.
Congrats nowckturn.How many times did u read kln>?how were u able to judge urself using the offline?and lastly do u think 7days was good how long should one practice the uw,do u think reading the note one made helps or takes time?Thanx man and congrats once again
Hi..thats a great score...All the best for the residency application process....
Did you do NBME offline or online?Did it predict accurately?
congrats
@ mle nailer -->
timeline -- 7 months,, last month was my last read of KAPLAN series and uworld of 7 days .. Oh yes i have not mentioned MTB, i just read it for 3 chapters that i did within an hour. I think that material can be covered within the data given by KAPLAN SERIES and the above material so no need to go through MTB. Thank u for the wish.
@ usmle2k12 -->
i did kaplan series for 2 times except internal medicine portion which i went for 3rd time. i used to see that material where i was confused, probably a good hint to save time in the end. i think u must keep last 10 days for revising UWORLD. UWORLD is the most important key so from the start to end u can use it. I think i made myself notes of 66 pages which helped me. so if you can understand my language or other's language and grab the concepts it will be beneficial. And Thank you once again.
@ 100 cats --->
I did NBME two blocks in which i saw the same questions which were almost discussed on the forum so i stopped my self doing NBME because i was short of time in the end. AND especial THANKS TO MY LOVEABLE SENIOR (SADTAB) for stopping me NBMe in the end to do and continuing UWORLD blocks. I dont have an idea for accurate assessment of NBME>... I am sorry for this 100 cats... and also i m sorry for not mentioning you but i remember your posts in the forum.. THANK U.
@nowckturn....Thanks for the compliments, but I think I really dont deserve your compliments.I am not very active in step2 forum as I was in step1 forum....Thanks for the reply...And keep up the momentum in match season too!!!All the best....
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »