Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need advice please.... - drvati
I am old img. I want to take a year or two off to find someone and go get married. So, I am going to take up a job at the hospital instead of studying for this usmle. I am hearing a lot of rumours that they are going to stop accepting imgs afte 1-2 years. Is that true?....Please help. I am really not interested in studying for these tests at this point in my life right now. I need a life partner and I need to focus on that area of my life. I have been suffering single too long now. Any advice on this matter will be highly appreciated. Can I take a few years off to get married and settle down and then give these usmle tests ?? Will I be able to get residency then?
I don't think there is no basis for that rumor. look at the stats on nrmp for 2011 match
Total # of pgy1 positions = 23,421
Total $ of US AMG seniors = 16,559

The difference is approx what IMGs fight for. There is no way US medical schools can fill the difference.

Now one important factor is that there are a lot of carrib grads, DO grads etc and increasing every year. So the competition is increasing for IMGs from other parts but the story has not changed much.... it is competitive (but doable) and will definitely get tougher with each year unless....
unless we do 'potti' and muck the system!
but jokes aside

it will get tougher each year no because of shrinkage of spots in the next few years because increased demand in applications. it is always better to get into the system sooner than later.
u can get done with test, apply and get married and else...whts problem with it? dont wast ur time to only get married. some have kids too. it might be hard, but well, doable. gl
mery...there is a problem..i am not able to concentrate well on my studies. I never thought it would take me this long to find perfect match and doing medicine only made it worse. It prolonged my entire life. I want a husband and kids more than anything now. Whenever I open my books, I begin to cry. I cannot study any more. I need to go get married first.
mery...there is a problem..i am not able to concentrate well on my studies. I never thought it would take me this long to find perfect match and doing medicine only made it worse. It prolonged my entire life. I want a husband and kids more than anything now. Whenever I open my books, I begin to cry. I cannot study any more. I need to go get married first.
drvati...

sorry to hear that...

why do you have to get married now? if not personal of course....

but why???

a man and kids might be good but you need to stand up by yourself first...a husband may or may not be the best for you...and the kids...the same...

once you have your career, you can get anything you want...including what you want now, but might be too late for your career after what you want now..just an idea..

hope you find the peace...
@leena91 first insults foreign imgs then makes a come back with sob story = drama queen!!!
drvati
Don't you know Marriage is the only war in which you sleep with your enemy...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »