Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ranking calls, emails, how to rank.... - pahology11
I have received many emails from Forum members recently about this subject. Now that it is that time of the year, here we go again;

My understanding and my personal experience about this is:

1. Many of you will get emails from PDs stating that they were very pleased with your credentials and they will rank you high, and they will ask you to rank them high too.

This is very comforting to all but, please remember that they will send similar emails to almost anybody. They may call you several times, but they will call others the same way too.

2. Rank the program and city that you wanna go to the highest and so forth. Dont rank Harvard as #1 because the Neurosurgery Program PD there fell in love with your PS, CV and your 3x99s.
Rank #1 where you wanna go and what you wanna do in the future rather than with your decision on an falsely inflated self esteem from a PD.

3. Please rank all IVs you went..(no brainer but..)

4. If you dont hear from a program, it does not mean they dont want you. Many programs are so professional that they would not compromise their ethical, professional, and educational integrity. if you are being called many times, do question their motives...Lets face it, you are not the best candidate in the earth (OK...sorry to make you feel like sh*t, but hey a friend tells it harsh!!!_A Turkish proverbSmile

5. Be positive. I wrote once that last year two people did not match and I wrote what they did at the scramble day...and they are both residents now...Please be positive..

6. There is always happy days in front of you either with residency or without it (it is taken from my dear friend zkadhemSmile

7. If you have questions, write back...I am sorry I could not answer some of your questions individually but i might copy paste this post to your emails just in case if some dont see this post..

You are worth living....

Be good..
thanks for these positive messages...
thanks... trying to think positively...hope you are right...i was not told by any pd directly or by mail that i will be ranked highly or anythg....hope it s just ethics as you said.
Thanks paho

Fantastic, educational and inspirational post.

One qn, was ur current prog (in 'dirty south') your top choice or somewhere v down your list - if u don't mind sharing.
Excellent job pahthology11!

Lets all stay positive, and good things will happen sooner or later!

Good Luck!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »