Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
appointment with program director - venturashais
There is a chance that I may get an appointment with a Program Director and was wondering how to approach this issue. I have the following questions and will greatly appreciate a reply.

1) What should be the reason for requesting an appointment?

2) If I do get an appointment, what kind of questions should I ask?

3) Should I meet the residents/ chief resident prior to setting up an appointment?

Since this is my first time in a situation like this I am sure there will be more questions. Also I am open to any suggestion.

Please advice.

God Bless!!
!!! appointment after 22 feb ? are u thinking about next year?
yes, this will be just a general interview.
i am planning to apply next year

Hey do i know u from usmle-forums and did we give our exams at the same time?
I ask him to do a favor for you, to get Prematch Next year.....As simple as that
yep i am on usmle-forums.. which exam did we give together man?
Is it for me? I didn't understand you
drarnab this is shice.. i think we supported each other on the forum as we awaited the ck result. By saying together i meant around the same time
heyy ofcourse i remember u! great to see ur doing well.. what gets better than an IV with a PD !.. ... to answer ur question i think best thing would be to also meet with the residents... they can tell u what the PD/program looks for in thier residents.. and you can use that feedback. cheers.. inbox me at the forum!
Go there with your CV and tell her u really wanna match next year. So what will she suggest that u concentrate on to make you a strong applicant and ask her what she looks for in candidates
I dont think its a good idea to meet with a PD while he isnt done from this year recruitment season and btw prematches are forbidden by the NRMP for the next year
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »