Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
very old IMG - ranaali
how i (an OLD img) got a residency despite several usmle failures

https://www.usmleforum.com/zXYyTi
what Kanjarraj means.....he is unhappy,unmatched and belongs to an elite group filled with trashy mindsets.

Ranaali.....As for your dreams, anything is achievable if your really determined. I would be remiss in portraying other than the truth that its going to be a cake walk. Time and Money would be spent. By the time you get over with your exams, the situation would no longer demand just an exceptional score but a variety of other factors would be instrumental in considering you as a competitive candidate. I respect and understand your situation where u opted to prioritize your kids over other alternatives. Having said this, the programs are rigorously enforcing the year of graduation for their cut off criteria. Nothing to deflate you, but in their eyes they could secure a fresher n accomplished graduate rather than risking with an old img ( who might have trouble passing their boards or less moldable). There are always exception YES. You could start off now with Kaplan courses, do some CME courses n gain credits (the programs would expect this from u), do research in a residency hospital, gain US Clinical experience and if possible a postgraduate degree. You might have to multi task in this. Im sure once your over this, the Program directors HAVE to be impressed by your determination, hardwork and passion for this field. You would have a great success story and even be the poster candidate for all the Imgs here. Its a long and rough journey but somehow I feel you will make it. I know of an old grad just like you , who got in.

But the best course to take , would be to weight your own pros and cons and if its worth it?....I wud also suggest chatting up with cpl of program directors since they would be able to provide u an unbiased n sincere opinions. ( as you pointed out having docs in your family ). Anyways GL with your decision and watever it is, stick to it. 95 percent of the IMG in this post would support you and help you if required baring Kanjarraj n company....tc
THANKS a million to Shasany for being so supportive and for giving absolutely wonderful advice.(Great wisdom comes from Great minds) unlike some people.There are TONS of examples of late bloomers who went on to make great achievements in life.For many people a great achievement is to build and raise a family full of love and have people to love them [ ); KJ ].

As a part of my research in going back and doing this as our old IMG, I have a message for all who are in my sitiuation. Recent research in nueroscience has proved that we can imporve our brain capacity as we age despite our biological process and live emotionally rich and can become more creative as we grow older.

Determination, hard work, and inspriration (from Shasany) can lead to great achievements that can be accomplished at any age enriching our lives and the lives of others.

Thanks to ALL.
I am an old IMG like you, and very family oriented and devoted all my time to my family until now. My daughter is in high school now and I have more free time now and am all ready to give it a shot in 2013. I finished step 1 and 2 with 220/94 and 234/97 ( although it is not not my dream score, I am content with it now) all in the first go, and just started studying for CS. I used to doubt myself so much before getting started, but after persistent motivation from my husband, I decided to prove to myself that I can do it. Now I feel more confident than ever.
I have known of people of my age group getting into residency here and there and that gave me some hope. I am from a similar background as you with a lot of doctors around us as family friends, but I don't know how to ask help from them or if they will want to help me because of my age. So far, not much of USCE , but will start uilding it after my CS.
All I am saying is, don't get discouraged by anyone who says negetive in this forum. Atleast prove to yourself that you can still achieve your dream score if you work hard consistently. I did it with a lot of health concerns in between. If I can overcome all that, anyone can . It is all in your mind. Atleast I won't regret later that I didn't try seriously.

Just as everyone says, do the kaplan videos and books and then do UW and FA. No need to do any expensive courses. Stay in touch with the forum for help and support. This forum is so dear to me, and I developed such wonderful freindship here that I will carry throughout my life. Without this forum friends' support, it would have been hard for me.
I did step 2 first, that way I didn't feel bored to study unlike step 1.
Good luck and begin your journey!
Hi Ranaali
I am in the same situation passed out in early 90's. I am interested in giving my steps. If u want to discuss and study together we can do it. I will leave my email address. geeann0
I am 1989 IMG, moved almost 3 years ago to US. Have done with step1, ck, cs. 91/99/pass. All first attempts.Got my ECFMG certificate at December 15, 2011and applied for residency late.I have 2 LORs from american private practicing doctors.
Went for 2 IVs, but did'n match.
Now studying for my step3.Plan my exam for June 25,2012.
will look for usce in hospital.
Hopefully will match next year.
Best of luck for you.
I got cheated by fake person "topper_sux and satyayit_k_md" on FB. He is selling pirated materials and I fell a prey for him to save few dollars. I am starting a campaign to fight these thiefs!!!! Please join I STARTED A CAMPAIGN TO FIGHT THESE ON . These thieves use etc to steal money. We need let the authorities. Everyone please join in this noble campaign -

SEE THESE POSTS BY ISLEMAN WHO ALSO GOT SCAMMED
Rip off =topper_sux (toppersux) &satyayit_k_md /sami2012
isleman - 01/07/12 16:13

Report Abuse

* Re:Rip off by topper_sux and satyayit_k_md
isleman - 01/07/12 16:24

more to this bit....cchhhhhhhhh On all forums he is ripping off people....how can i cut him pieces...
goddddddddddd my 180 dollars.....coward pick yp your skype
Report Abuse

* Re:Rip off by topper_sux and satyayit_k_md /sami2012
isleman - 01/07/12 16:43

topper_sux and satyayit_k_md..........basssssssssss..tard pick up your phone first. u have guts to speak here bassssss tard
what is your phone number arseeeeeeeehole...give it to me...after stealing my money, u say i am a jealous seller for the piece of crap you are doing?????????? jealous of you basssssssssssssstardddd??????????

not on skype u cheat.....post your phone number open yourself up...give it here.............i will call you

varenicline what is FIA, How to approach them?
Report Abuse

isleman - 01/07/12 16:44

first of all everything you are doing illegal bassssstard ,...do you know that? It is my fault to trust you basssssssssssstard to save few dollars
Report Abuse

isleman - 01/07/12 16:46

u have guts to raise your voice against me basssstarddddddddddddd...who are you? some illegal piece of shit selling others' products.... and you are calling me a shit?????? look at yourself you mother...f.....ker....give me your phone number if you are true person why are you scared?
Report Abuse

rimantidine - 01/07/12 16:46

Thanks isleman for letting us know at the cost of your loss. Sorry to hear that. God bless you.
Report Abuse

isleman - 01/07/12 16:48

be carefull with these people....and this arse has guts to call me shit after stealing my money...the monkey can get arrested right now if he exposes himself
Report Abuse

isleman - 01/07/12 16:55

give us your phone number monkey...m...fu////ker ...until i get my money back , i will tear you...check ur email
Report Abuse

isleman - 01/07/12 17:23

dog stop your sh.....tReport Abuse

isleman - 01/07/12 17:32

I got cheated by fake person "topper_sux and satyayit_k_md" on FB. He is selling pirated materials and I fell a prey for him to save few dollars. I am starting a campaign to fight these thiefs!!!! Please join I STARTED A CAMPAIGN TO FIGHT THESE ON FBOOK. These thieves use to steal money. We need let the authorities. Everyone please join in this noble campaign doct...
It is a shame we allow thieves to run away with our hard earned money in cyberage!!!!!!!! And we let etc allow these kind of crimes???????????? Let us expand this campaign, make it viral and let us not allow LET THESE CYBERFRAUDS FLUORISH
Report Abuse

isleman - 01/07/12 17:46

" ";; you bassssssssssss...tard is that a proof, the account shows you received money from other people also ....cheated all of them...where are their emails of people who paid you...where is your email in paypal id.....you delete them a...where is my email in the account.... you conveniently delete all those and call it a proof??????????????? you are not afraid??????????? where is your paypal id or emails of people who paid you including me , where is my amount...you paste these on screen shot and delete them????

wait a week you will be smashed... you do not know the power of fB campaign... join me folks...h

Hi Kulkolka,
Please tell me how did u prepare for steps? What material did u use?
My email id is geeann0@ gmail.com
Thanks
Hi,

If interested in research positions, contact me at MariaRez2010. We have positions in different states and specialties. Some are in the top 5 universities in the US. Provide some brief info about yourself, your visa status, your USMLE scores, what (sub)specialty, which state, when you want to start and for how long. In the subject, please mention what you’re looking for. For example: “Endocrine research in Chicago.”

We do have paid positions too, but you need to have had a prior experience in lab research. Otherwise, it's unlikely you can get a paid position. Also remember the visa limitation (you can't get paid on all visas). Some positions are non-paid initially, but may become paid with time as you gain experience and prove yourself to be productive.

We can provide a list of customers that you can contact for feedback about the service. These customers approved to be references, otherwise, we don't disclose any private information of any of our old customers without their knowledge and consent.

Thank you.
Hi,

If interested in research positions, contact me at MariaRez2010. We have positions in different states and specialties. Some are in the top 5 universities in the US. Provide some brief info about yourself, your visa status, your USMLE scores, what (sub)specialty, which state, when you want to start and for how long. In the subject, please mention what you’re looking for. For example: “Endocrine research in Chicago.”

We do have paid positions too, but you need to have had a prior experience in lab research. Otherwise, it's unlikely you can get a paid position. Also remember the visa limitation (you can't get paid on all visas). Some positions are non-paid initially, but may become paid with time as you gain experience and prove yourself to be productive.

We can provide a list of customers that you can contact for feedback about the service. These customers approved to be references, otherwise, we don't disclose any private information of any of our old customers without their knowledge and consent.

Thank you.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »