Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
very old IMG - ranaali
@Raanali and all those starting after years of graduation, am old grad >16yrs , did MPH and then just recently got my ECFMG certification. Went for observerships and externships alone leaving three young kids home. But I did all for just one reason, first if I dont do it now...I will for sure regret in my later life when I couldnt turn time around, and second if I am at peace with my heart (which I am) that I accomplished something, I am more relaxed and my whole family is happy. I applied to more than 200 prog this year. (Will share if get lucky) but all along I knew one thing...I may NOT get a residency...even then I can call myself an MD now...(thank God). Since I have a Masters in Health Admin, I have that as a back up plan. I even tried to get a prelim (one year) residency to get into public health/preventive medicine residency, that I never knew existed.
In short, I am happy to gain all the new knowledge that I did taking MLEs and am a more confident person than I used to be.
Do try it now then repent later you never did - but with an open heart and mind!!
Medicine is not for money anymore..if you are an old grad and you are doing it for money..go for teaching..contact nursing schools, PT schools, chiropractice colleges for teaching jobs..may take a course in something at college to teach.

do research or non-clinical jobs.

if it is yoru dream know it is hard..two years to complete steps, 3 years residency...if you are dreaming of this..then go for it..

do not let age or anyone stop you..but if money is only issue..other easier ways to get money...
A to Z guide to get Residency (35,000 views)

http://imgusmleandresidency.blogspot.com/

TABLE OF CONTENTS (Detailed in that weblink!)

SELECT the best -100% Guaranteed-USMLE Course and get a GOOD STEP 3-I.E., EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT NEEDED!
THEN

a. Visa

b. Obama Care and Residency

1. Old grads

2.USMLEs

3.USCE

4.ECFMG

5.Efficient residency search

AS OF 01 -10-2013 THERE ARE 8 IMMEDIATE PGY-1 POSITION ADVERTISED IN NYC AREA- SEE APPENDIX "4"

6.LORs

7.Personal Statements

8.Salaries of MDs

9.Back-up Professional careers for unmatched

10.Back-up paid Clinical Positions in Practices for those with MD but not in residency

Hang IN There-I too passed …after a Big failure
Hang in there! if it helps, I took it and failed it too on my FIRST ATTEMPT (despite blowing $6K by using PASS PGM IL- i.e., you get what you PAY for!!!)...I got a 187..so imagine the anger and disappointment I went thru when i first got the news :/. Anyway,I took out my anger by going to the park, taking walks, talking to people that really cared about me, mostly my family (of course), and they told me that I could sooo do it again, no worries and to NOT listen to the negatives...which alot of mean selfish people out there do for a living (maybe..lol). I mean all they say is "give up!, residency programs will not accept you if you failed the first time, yadda yadda yadda, blah blah blah" WRONG A'HOLES! Lol. Just remember that they (most hospitals) actually need you, regardless ifyou failed the first time. They want more doctors. If you look at most residency programs which I did, some of them say, "requires you to pass the step1 at least the second or third time" So I do not know where these selfish A'Holes are getting their info from. Failing step1 is not really a big deal...I mean once you are done with it the second time hopefully, try to hold a research position or volunteer somewhere to show that you really want this despite the fact you failed it the first time.

So be strong and listen up, get rid of that feeling as fast as possible...lol,and review this stuff all over again, just remember you ALMOST passed....all you need to do is add on! that's all you need "ADD ONs" well and grasping to the material that you probably missed while studying for it the first time.

This is what I did: I used my network from Caribe friends (e.g. windsor- 85% failure rate!) and found those that got 230s on 2nd attempt. using references I found a certified personal tutor (BBB) that got me through—aided by UW questions of course!.. (cost $12k though! CALL six four one seven one five thirty nine hundred ext eight three three seven six eight FOR THEIR 24hr- INFO LINE).

Again think about it...you ALMOST passed...so that means you have a potential to get way more than passing the next time around,
anyway! THE BEST OF LUCK TO YOU! I am positive you will pass the next time!

p.s. soorrry that my words all over the place. But hope you get my point here.
For details of drshawnohara/caribelucky active ongoing discussion of generalhelp:

http://www.usmleforum.com/showthread.php?tid=69726
http://www.doctok.com/archived/kaplan-le...p-1/122680
A to Z guide to get Residency (35,000 views)

http://imgusmleandresidency.blogspot.com/

TABLE OF CONTENTS (Detailed in that weblink!)

SELECT the best -100% Guaranteed-USMLE Course and get a GOOD STEP 3-I.E., EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT NEEDED!
THEN

a. Visa

b. Obama Care and Residency

1. Old grads—special help for Caribes for USMLEs and CARIBE residency HOT LISTS

2.USMLEs-Focused on those IMGs with past USMLE failures or working mothers or Caribes in med school that MUST PASS on deadlines--COURSES THAT ARE ONLINE and that must get you through--the full rating of the entire gamut from a current IM IMG resident that failed twice and used Step 3 for upgrades...

Especially about the “100% PROGRAM” i.e., ‘A HIGH-TECHNOLOGY-DRIVEN, ONLINE combined with LIVE INTERACTIVE OUTCOMES’-DRIVEN, 100% cash refundable-GUARANTEED STUDY SYSTEM: WE render TRADITIONAL 20th CENTURY METHODS OF PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL EDUCATION MEANINGLESS, FRIVOLOUS, AND INEFFICIENT…’

3.USCE

4.ECFMG

5.Efficient residency search—High YIELD lists of residencies with NO Grad date or USMLE attempts or score cut-offs

AS OF 01 -10-2013 THERE ARE 8 IMMEDIATE PGY-1 POSITION ADVERTISED IN NYC AREA- SEE APPENDIX "4"

6.LORs

7.Personal Statements

8.Salaries of MDs

9.Back-up Professional careers for unmatched

10.Back-up paid Clinical Positions in Practices for those with MD but not in residency
Hi
Gangamstyle and Ranaali
Can u please tell us what r the chances of residency after so many years of our graduation? How did u get in MPH program? what all did u study for ur steps? That can help use too. I want to do my steps just to get my confidence back and not to repent later in life and achieve which I dreamt for all my life. I m not doing it for money.
I have faced the most horrible things in life. I just want to gain that respect back.
Thanks.
IF YOU ARE SEEKING CLINICAL EXPERIENCES IN THE US

We can arrange for electives if you're still a student, and observerships if you have graduated already. We have a slot available in one of the top universities in the US.
Contact us at ResearchExperience2013. Mention if you're a graduate or a student (which year), your visa status, what specialty you're looking for, and preferred locations. Also include brief info about yourself and USMLE scores.

Thank you.

===================================

LOOKING FOR RESEARCH POSITIONS TO IMPROVE CV?

Hi,

We have research positions available in different states and in different (sub)specialties which include cardiology, endocrinology, pulmonary, surgery, sleep medicine, neurology, and many others. The majority of the positions are in universities, and some of them are in universities that are among the top 10 in the U.S. You can contact us for details.
If you're looking for a different state or (sub)specialty, we can help too. We just need you to be specific and help us understand what you™re looking for.

If interested, contact us at ResearchExperience2013. Provide some brief info about yourself, your visa status, your USMLE scores, what (sub)specialty, which state, when you want to start and for how long.
In the subject, please mention what you™re looking for. For example: œCardiology research in New York.

We can provide a list of references if you would like.

Thank you.
SEARCH

imgusmleandresidency

at www.google.com
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »