Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Passed step2ck. Score 251 is good? - usmle19782012
I studied about 3 months. And I passed!! Thanks everyone!
Is this score good enough for img to get a competitive residency position such as
anesthesiology?? I have already passed step1 at 226.

I don't think the score can determine people's ability to provide good work
in a real clinical practice, though.
Congrats on great score!!!I personaly don't know is this enogh score for your drem residency
but I wishyou a good luck!!!
did you say just study for 3 months?could you please write your studying plan here,I will appreciate that.

Thanks
I started preparing for ck soon after step1 exam.

My recommendation is '' study as hard as possible on question banks!''
I did Kaplan question bank first in about a month. I got 56% over all correct answer in it.
(Of course, this is no good score.)
Next I did usmleworld in a month. I scored 66% there.

After all of this, I did a sample test of u-world. The score estimation was 245.
I reviewed wrong answers of u-world question bank and used MTB( not read everything. Read just about my weak field.)

I had a test nbme4 just a week before the exam. The estimation was 230/500.
I got little depressed,but I never gave up and did not try to change the test date.
I analysed my weakness there. I concentrated on studying my weakness such as
perinatal care or vaccination etc.

Also I tried to maintain my mental heath as well. I worked as a physician and continued to
keep in touch with society. Also I went to gym as much as possible even in a very busy time.

In summary, do question banks and learn as much as you can there instead of reading lots of textbooks. ( I think it time consuming. We don't have to be a professional in a variety of fields. We can't be. We have to prepare just for the test instead.)
I used MTB for reference. This is good enough.
Maintain your mental health!

Good luck for everyone. Thanks.
Amazing score and thanks for info regarding your prep! I agree, worked for my spouse, and thats technique I'm using while studying for mine now. This is encouraging to see.

Regarding anesthesiology residency, even for AMGs, its still somewhat competitive, but its a little doable as an IMG, though I'd say in addition to your good scores, you should definitely try to do research and get USCE in anesthesiology. It'll be hard for scores only to cut it.

Best wishes.
Hey Usmle1978....
Congrats...ur such a straight forward n realistic doc Smile

Since u did both uw n kaplan qbanks....which one would u recommend if we could only have time for one?

Thankssss
Thanks. I am going to do everything as much as I can.
I am very interested in joining any research. I want to find one that interests me.

I strongly recommend usmleworld!! Kaplan was for just warm ups for me.
Kap didn't have any questions about articles and ads.

I wanna add one more thing for ck.
Lots of people are complaining of long sentences in the real exam, but I don't think it will
become a problem if you finish Q banks. Sentences themselves are possibly longer than those in Q bank, but they were much easier to read in the exam. Fortunately, I finished every sections in time and still had 3 or 4 minutes. In order to answer the questions effectively and very quickly, we should practice again and again to pick up the most important sentences or information.

thats amazing score

Try and try if u can win the hearts of faculty , u can definelty win and reach ur desired residency

GL GL

u have given a very good practical reveiw of the test

bye
Thank you for sharing experience. You are right, even if the qs are very long half of it is junk, we just have to know where to read and pickup in the qs. There are actually putting a direct q in a case mix with all stories.
Thats a good score,hope that u'll get in..
thanks alot for your experience..
Also which MTb did u use? I've both and find myself goin back n forth.
Thanks!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »