Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All persian gather here - susanpersia
man union memorial hospital match shodam,thanks god
@hootan congratulations ,happy to hear a good story . mishe credential eto share koni?tnx
@yalda : obviously I'm more than satisfied with US residency but when I think about the long journey of this way n compare it with residency in iran..!! U know..
Anyway u r right , finally i have to choose one of them by myself...
Bazam merc yalda jan for ur time

@shirin : thank u for your detailed account n ur honesty
but there is one thing that i couldnt get , u mentioned that i have to clear exams in less than 3 yrs after graduation... Ok, I can do this in less than 3 yrs but is it enough without any usce , research , lor...? So i think it takeS me more than 3 yrs to get all of these...Sad
@tranqualizer:
parsal ke match sherkat kardam baray bazi programha Yog less than 3 years bood.vally vaghti 5 salo rad mikone you lose huge number of programs. I would say you will lose 90 percents.bad hatta hamon program ke Yog zire 5 sal mikhad applicant recent tar tarjih midan .let's say you are going to match 2015,programs give priority to recent graduates of 2014-2015.see you are competing with bunch of applicants for the same program.I have seen people recent graduates low scores get matched vs decent scores 7-8 yrs pass graduation year do not get match.bad deghat kon graduation year az july on sali ke residency shoro mikoni hesab mishe na september sali ke apply mikoni.
@shirin : bahbah , i'm completely sure now that i cant sit for match in less than 3 yrs...
Hala age Man 5 yrs az graduationam gozashte bashe vali 2sal ham experience dashte basham too khode us unvaght chi ? I mean yog moheme ya keep in touch boodan ba pezashki..?
tranqualizer:
Graduation year is the most important factor.when u pass 5 yrs your program list would be so limited below average community programs.That is what I experienced you can do your own search.Nobody knows what would happen 5 yrs from now.currently you would have more options if you have research with publications for university programs.But for the purpose of community programs they are looking for younger applicants with high scores.I would say if you have scores in 90s first attempt YOG less than 5 yrs you have fairly good chance.If you do not follow these rules it is almost like gambling with your time /money and life.Unless you have a strong contact that is totally a different scenario.
the most important factor after USMLE score is clinical experience...its very critical
Management Approach for Unmatched..

See top result
https://www.usmleforum.com/
just remembered those stressful days, actually i miss it now, i just wanted to tell you guys one thing: dont take it too hard, good or bad finaly you will laugh at these days...goodluck every body
@hootan
you're right ! Smile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »