Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
@maryam2009 - drfuture
I have seen u asking this question but i couldnt understand the answer some of our friends sent

autosomarecessive with high frequency????

nbme 11 b 3 Q 4
NOTE: nbme 11 b 3 Q 13 answer is F
The concept they are testing is if a disease has a high heterozygote frequency then the chances of a female carrier and a male carrier meeting are higher, and thus chances of having a child with a recessive disorder in a family where none of the grandparents had a disease are also higher.

posted by genewalking

It is referring to the particular gene frequency in the population. For example, the gene frequency for cystic fibrosis is high in Caucasians.

posted by psychmledr -

I'll try to simplify the answer:

You know that the CF...is an autosomal recessive....the parents of affected people must be carrier...(through their parents or Grand parents) and the chance of offspring to get the disease from 2 carriers is 25%..as you see, the Pedigree shows 2 affected cousins that their parents and grand parents are all carriers ....so it means that pattern of inheritence in this patients family has the high **heterozygote frequency(both parents and even grand parents are Heterozygot... none of them had a disease )
which one ?Q 4 or 13 ?
nbme11 block 3 q 13 biostatistics

by he way nbme 11 block b3 q 17 although I agree with answer B but I dont think it is sarcoidosis I think it is forign body granuloma

also please explanation for nbme11 block 3 q 28 I remeber that I got it right but by guessing and i remembering choosing D instead of C
NBME 11 block 3 Q35

2ry hyperpara inc. PTH and this would lead to dec in Pho ????? so y is it increased
11-3-28-D

It is a typical curve for an IV doses...look at kaplan ln...pharm pge 7 figure 1-1-5 and compare it with Extravascular doses

11-3-17-B...granulomatous lung disease/.pulmonary talcosis
Thank you so much for the clarification
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »