Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things need to do before start of residency!!!!!!! - usmlepartner123
here is the sum of my pay check...

Gross income: $1,698 ( I get paid every two weeks, see I make much more than you think Mom!!!)
federal taxable income: $1,481
Total taxes: $241.57
Other deductions (health care, dental, vision plan)
net pay: $1,221 (YAY!!!!!)

here is the sum of my pay check...

Gross income: $1,698 ( I get paid every two weeks, see I make much more than you think Mom!!!)
federal taxable income: $1,481
Total taxes: $241.57
Other deductions (health care, dental, vision plan): $236
net pay: $1,221 (YAY!!!!!)
oh wow? so much federal tax? is that based on the state u work in? if u dont mind me asking what state do u work in pahology11???
drkhan46,

Federal tax is nothing to do with what state you are in. Total tax is sum of the federal and state tax. The federal tax is the same (rather the ratio is the same ) in all states but state tax is less or more depend on what state you are in. of course I am single, no dependent the more taxes you paySmile

Y'all..., be goodSmile
thanks pahology11 for clearing things up, so u mean if u have a dependent/spouse for example, even if shes not earning , so if u file for tax return, u pay less taxes then? meaning u come in the lower bracket of tax cuts from 25% to 15% i think?...
Here's an example of how income is taxed: Say you are single and report $80,000 in taxable income for the 2009 tax year (filing in 2010). In accordance with the income ranges defining federal tax brackets for single filers in 2009, the first $8,350 of your income is taxed at 10%; dollars $8,351 through $33,950 are taxed at 15%; dollars $33,951 through $80,000 are taxed at 25%.
More information in the following article:
http://money.cnn.com/magazines/moneymag/...index3.htm
I dont know about going that low from 25 to 15 with one dependent but will go down with the increasing number of dependents for sure ....so more babies you make, less taxes you pay.

should not be the other way around? I am confused....)
haha lol Tongue
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »