Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Basic question - hint
I am old graduate, Visa required.
I am done with Step 1 and waiting for CK results. I did not realize the CS situation (changing pattern and unavailability of dates) earlier and now when I look at the CS calender: no dates are available till Jun/July. If I take CS at that time, the score will be reported in Oct 3rd. So when I will apply on Sept 1 for 2013 match, I will not be ECFMG certified. How badly is it going to affect on the number of interviews I get? Can you share your experience or suggest something?

Because of the changes in the CS exam, many people can be in the same situation (I assume).
It might affect you getting the most out of the first wave of interviews. Remember that in the next match, the application season starts on sept 15, two weeks later than it did this year. So if it is only two weeks late, it probably will be okay.
Just keep checking the availability of CS dates. Often people cancel exams, and the dates pop up sudenly. I'm talking from personal experience. I got a new date at 4.00 am Easter time, and I seen couple of more dates available. I'm not sure why so early in the morning, if it does something with their setting. Just keep checking the dates ! I'm sure you can get one before the August. Meanwhile keep praparing for CS exam. So you are ready.
Thanks inxs and aviator.

So you think that complete application with ECFMG certificate is more important than first day of season application? I was planning to apply on the first day in any case.. That is not advisable?
@aviator : I agree that people cancel and my plan is to keep checking for dates .. But as you know the pattern is changing so what is the probability of cancellations before May?
I used check4change add on for mozilla fire fox and was able to find a date. Google it, its really easy to use. An alarm will ring on your comp when a position becomes available.
by position I mean date....
You should always submit your ERAS application ASAP-sept 15 this year. You don't need a complete application-you can always submit your ECFMG certification and CS score after your ERAS application.
@ kompete_xy : thanks I will try that add on.

@ belleandsebastian: thanks. I got your point. I was just worried that If the certification is initial screening criteria for some programs then I will be screened out. And I will get less number of interviews.
apply on the 1st day of application with an ECFMG certificate.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »