Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PTAL California letter!!! - goddoc
I wanted to know about the PTAL California letter. How long does it take to apply for the letter? Is there any point in applying for it as are programs in California IMG friendly?

Also I heard that we have to have 120 hours of clinical experience in Psychiatry. Is this correct?
email me at sjalnap or send me your email. will tell you all details about it
yes u need 120 hrs of psychiatry...but its a very long process...I applied for PTAL in sept last year...given all req documents...every thing...but still for the last 2 months my application is with senior staff....cannot access my application online now ..cozz its with senior staff...i applied in many hospitals in CA, but now it seems like invain...its almost more than 6 mnths and still reviewing....processing...Sad((
azka, call them everyday and you need to push them little bit otherwise they will take forever. I was in similar situation. when 'I started calling them, I got it in next week.
i think the same, it is lots of time and nerve and $ to think of ca programs and well, very competetive! i wud rather to focus on something more affordable than shelling $$ there to make em richer! well, dats wht works for me for now! gl
about ptal, costly. 500$ initial application fee only. plus finger print plus all the trouble of medical college . It is img friendly if ur yog is less than 5, have above 95, have usce specailly for fm. check nrmp website how many img got residency. u will be surprised. much more than this forum thinks. for other don't think of cali. very rare to get obgyn or surgery. almost zero chance. i applied in obgyn in cali only and ended with zero iv. now heading for plan b.
it takes 2 months after they receive all documents from you and also your medical college. they won't look at it until your medical college sends documents. and of course psych requirement. don't try to phone daily and irritate them. make sure u send all documents. they will work themselves.
for living it is really great place for family if u get it. there are lots of indian, pakistani, asian, hispanic community here.
drsjusa, i think u got tons of iv last year, why didn't u match?
my ppl applied in aug, till now nothing, thankfully they got non Cali IVs.
4week of psychiatry: 1 week=32hrs, 32*4=128hrs. Make sure you have 128hrs, not 120. Otherwise, you'll get PTAL with deficiencies and no residency in CA.
docco, interesting! did u check online any deficiency? if there is deficiency then they take time. i had to re send forms 3 times becasue once i forgot to wrtie ss number , once i forgot to write some silly things which was n/a. u have to make sure u don't leave any q unanswered! every forms need signed by notary which is again 10$ each time you resend. even I had to write in detail what i did after graduating, in separate paper, all the info was in my cv though . ptal is a pain. taking time means there is some problem. i had to email 2 times, phone once then found what problem was. once all papers ready they issued in very short time. for me l5 was a real pain.
Hi,

Please let me know if I am wrong...The fingerprint office would send our 2 digital fingerprints online. We have to send just 1 of the 3 copies of the 'Livescan Request Form' to the Medical board with L1A-L1e forms, ECFMG certification letter copy & fee receipt?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »