Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To all overconfident people!!!let's prepare SO - krit
Hi guys, I was hoping to find some people to prepare for SOAP. If a few things people could add to what I already know, I would greatly appreciate. My laptop hangs up when I try to open SOAP pdf seriously Smile
I know all the basics, 30-10-5, only thru my ERAS. etc etc
My questions:

1. I have heard on this forum and am sure many of them were scammers who posted replies.
Does anyone get into preliminary surgery thru scramble/SOAP?????

2. People having IM/Peds LORs-USCE how do they show interest in surgery all of a sudden???
3. Prelim IM is good for people who have IM USCE, i guess and people can opt for advanced positions PGY2. But have you heard of people doing this?
And do people with Peds background(USCE) have success in getting prelim IM?

4. Prelim pedia-prelim FM ofcourse- I get it .
what are your thoughts of registering with Electronic Residency. Is it worth a shot? Its expensive... $199 for all specialties.
5. Transitional Year?????

Have read quite a few times in this forum about it. Someone just confirm do people doing this can match into any field im/peds/fm after an year in it ?

What do you write a personal statement for it ????
Have you heard of someone getting into transitional year thru SOAP/scramble?
6. Med peds- I get it

NOw did I leave any other specialty which SOAP/scramble friendly???????

7. WOuld you give preference to prelim med, prelim peds OR
would you give preference to prelim Surgery positions OR
would you give preference to transitional year?????????????
@Kompete: ACtually I do not trust any of these services man. It's not about the money but atleast we should get our money's worth in return.

I am hoping having a discussion here and if people answer, we will get a good idea....
Seems everyone here is confident of matching and not thinking about SOAP.....
kirt! man, just take it easy! it is scramble and slim chance!!!! u r just thinking too much! it is not like wht or not. see wht is available and gibe it a shot! i wil apply based on my interest and strength! i am not going to look for surg or else when i cant back it up on my cv. for scramble=soap, all we can apply is things like ped, im, fm,oby/gyn,or if have background in something else which makes u a good candidate ...just go for it!

another point is that pds may prefer those with previous usce (like with previous prelims) and since they have usce with acmg accredition. specially for advance slots or even pgy1. because they can make up to repeat some parts to get it done on time.

again, we shud apply to wht we can and leave the rest with almighty! there is derm unfilled as of see each yr, but those are not real and we shudnt waste it to apply for such!!!
still, it is wise to try prelim => then trans (trans is more competetive and mostly for ophto or derm or rad of amgs...they dont give those away easily to u and i)=> prelim im is also hard to get....i think prelim surg is the easiest to try.

i am not sure wht to say abt fm and im and else....again those must have its own compet! if u have expo to fm, go for it.....if u have good scores and credit try im......well, i dont see any difference bw soap and real match. ...for psych, it is not really easy to get in, we must have strong doc to show we are interested ...like based on our cv or publications or else....because many ppl use psych as backup and later leave for their dream residency....so it is getting hard to secure such unless u have something to show ur real interest!

ppl say oby/gyn is easy these days and due to $$$malpractice and lawsuits! i know at least 2 fnrds who got it easily with no usce or else!!! i was totally shocked! so, see if u can make it....just try !

keep in mind that prelim and transit programs are dedicated to amgs who apply late or have poor credit and dont match, and their dean call unfilled slots to fill them up! also, programs get credit to have more amg, dats why they prefer those. if u see there is so many left over preli,dats not real! those are designated slots which has been kept unfilled intentionally for those. to make it short, lets even not to talk abt it and hope for the best! all we can is to shoot in darkness and pray and hope for the best....to me, if i deserve it and it is my place to be, God makes a way so that the pd will see my strength to pick me up against odds! since i literally have no link or contact to call for me! all i can ask for help is GOD! and He is able to help u and i and all to success!

it is not worth is to spend more $$$$ for such ! why shud we pay when we can apply on our own? thank goodness it is soap (not mess of scramble!) ...next yr is in the corner and there is more chance for such to save some $$ to apply... than this slim chance and actually wht more these ripping off services can offer for a soap! relax and gl.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »