Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If i am SOAP ineligible, hav i matched? - drsms
If i get an email that i am soap ineligible on Friday, Does it mean i have fully matched?

you may have or may not have matched.... it's all the mind games NRMP likes to play on us.

i sincerely don't know which person in NRMP thought of the "brilliant" idea of sending that email 3 days before match result.... i know it does not indicate match status but it certainly makes one think!!!!
Thanks for your reply..

And i guess, On Monday we will only know if we have matched. We will know where we have matched only on friday!!

The whole issue of sOAP eligibility is confusing. How can one be eligible for the Match but not the SOAP(if they saying it hasnt gotten anything to do with match results?)
If you are SOAP ineligible(did not receive an email), there are two possibilities "ONLY"
1. Your ROL was not certified/accepted pre match
2. Check your trash folder, you will find it there.

"You can determine your SOAP eligibility on FRIDAY MARCH 9, by logging in to the Registration, Ranking, and Results (R3) system at https://services.nrmp.org/r3/ at 12:00 p.m. to view your status on the Applicant Options page. YOUR SOAP ELIGIBILITY IS DETERMINED WITHOUT REGARD TO WHETHER YOU MATCHED TO A POSITION DURING THE ALGORITHM PHASE OF THE MATCH."

NRMP staff

Also check junk mail or spam folder
I think those who are not eligible for SOAP (which they will come to know on 9th) can safely conclude that they are NOT going to match as well. Because the criteria for SOAP eligibility are also essential for a Match,
If many of you do match next week or at anytime in the near future I sincerely hope you consider taking some sort of remedial reading comprehension course. The emails are quite simple to understand. They clearly state that your match status has nothing to do with your SOAP eligibility announced on March 9.
I hope you dont show up to work with that level of English comprehension on July 1 or people may die.
Hi all
I think getting NRMP soap eligibility e-mail is good it means all your paper work is ok and if you are not eligible for soap you are not eligible for match.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »