Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If i am SOAP ineligible, hav i matched? - drsms
Hello omegamd who obviously has a strong grasp of the English language, unlike everyone else on this forum, can you please enlighten us with your comprehension of the the SOAP eligibility criteria from the FAQ page on NRMP http://www.nrmp.org/res_match/faq/us_seniors_faq.html

"According to Section 7.1 of the Match Participation Agreement for Applicants and Programs, applicants must be (a) registered in the Matching Program; (b) eligible to enter graduate medical education on July 1 in the year of the Match; and © partially matched or fully unmatched in order to be eligible to participate in SOAP. Applicants are deemed ineligible to participate in SOAP if they fail to meet any of the criteria listed above."

From my understanding, it seems to be SOAP eligible you have to meet all the 3 criteria. Most importantly PART ©. Part © states you have to have PARTIALLY matched (which means you either only matched for a 1st year program, or an advanced program) or FULLY UNMATCHED (which means you neither matched for a 1st year, nor a categorical, nor an advanced)

What I'm understanding from this is, if you only applied to CATEGORICAL, then you haven't matched. If you applied to the 3 types of programs, then you could still be FULLY UNMATCHED, or perhaps PARTIALLY MATCHED which implies you matched into a prelim/transitional program, or advanced program.

Yes, the email was very clear, it states that match status has nothing to do with SOAP eligibility. So perhaps the person writing the FAQ section was just bored and decided to add an irrelevant paragraph into the section.

Or, my comprehension of the English language, like everyone other than you, is sub-par. I actually hope you are correct!!
You are eligible for SOAP (matched or unmatched) on Friday the 9th. However once the algorithm runs and we all find out on Monday the results, those who were eligible but matched will change their status to Not eligible.

It is confusing and stupid...but it is the way it is.

What I still dont get if how can you match if you are not eligible... but again...it is what it is Smile
I got the mail that I am soap ineligible that's because I pre matched.the other scenario for ineligibility would be if someone did not certify their Rol.
ROL Certify is NOT the criteria of SOAP Eligibility

As people who didn't have any interview are eligible for SOAP.

I have received the same message b/c I have withdrawn from the match

stuckinmuck
At the beginning of Match 2013 I spoke to NRMP and they said this is the first year that Pre-match would be considered illegal and not allowed. Congrats to you though!!!!????
How can a candidate certify ROL while he/she is not eligible for match?!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »