Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
for those who matched to psychiatry.. - suzidilara
Congrats to all matched applicants.

Could you please share your credits and also give some advice to future applicants?

I applied to 40 psychiatry programs this year- very late; at the end of November- and got 2 IW
but I didn't rank them because of location. Planning to apply next year.

my credits are : 98/96/cs/2010 grad/4 month observer/1.5 year research/2 submitted neuroscience article.

thanks a lot
Hi there,
your creds are excellent, applying on time is crucial, please do that next year.
Hi there,
your creds are excellent, applying on time is crucial, please do that next year.
also my husband got a assistant professor position and we will start green card process. But I am not sure that We can finish process until next match.

So, I am not sure about applying for next year or waiting 1-2 more years by doing research-externship and then apply with green card or just directly apply via j1.

What is your advice?

by the way ednorton, I am silent member of usmleforum and i am following your posts. congrats again!
Thank you.

My advice would be to apply next year on September 1 sharp. Waiting is never a good idea according to me, things are getting kinda tight every year.

Good luck with whatever decision you make, do not worry about your creds, they are better than mine for sure.
Hi GUYS, I am also trying for psych. i am looking for volunteer/ paid work in psych/ neuroscience. how do we get job in neuroscience / psych research? is there any openings at the place where you are doing research?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »