Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
failed step 1 once and still matched. - taumd
My email is bullsfury@yahoo.co.uk. I'll try as much as possible to answer your questions as best as I can.

Wish you all the best and hope I can be of help.

Good luck and God bless.
HELP for Unmatched..

see TOP GOOGLE RESULT for USMLE courses, free university externships, physician assistant scholarships, OLD IMG strategies, high yield programs with no score requirements

https://www.usmleforum.com/
Thx!
if you can speak English fluently, you will be fine. I butchered the physical exam portion often running out of time and needing to move on to other aspects of the examination. I didnt check bp on a guy with HTN or order a troponin/ck/ekg level with a patient having left arm pain. And lastly, I didnt drape a single patient cause of nervousness. What happened weeks later? I passed.

communicate well, do a half ass job in h&p, and coast the rest of the easy test

many congrats,... could u plz give a brief on wht kind of usce wud count... like observerships... ?
@pedspath: I agree with you. Being able to speak English is what the exam is all about. Even if you do a poor job in the physical examination, you can still pass if your ability to communicate fluently is good. But I suggest trying to ace every step of the exam.

@drspirit: Getting an observership or externship in a big hospital is great but if you are not able to, an observership in a private clinic with 1 or 2 doctors that can write strong LoRs on your behalf should suffice. A strong LoR is better than an externship at "Harvard" with a mediocre LoR in my opinion.
I got 2 LoRs from private clinics where I did 1 year of observership each and 1 from a medical center where I volunteered. The 4th, I got from my supervisor who is not even a doctor.
hi congrates can u tell me how u get USCE of one year i mean tell me right way how i can get it pls i m IMG with green card email is bismaali95
@Bismaali:
I do not know if the way I did it will work for you. I got a job as a lab assistant and had to make sure results got to a number of doctors. I spoke to some of them and 2 of them were willing to help me if I showed some committment. I worked from 7am to 3pm (Mon to Fri) and I would leave work and drive to the clinic which was from 4pm to 8pm. Did that for 1 year then moved to the other doctor and observed him on Wed, fri and saturday for a year. It was hard but it had to be done.

My point is try to network and talk to senior colleagues. Some are willing to help if they see the desire in you.

God luck and God bless.
thanks a lot but some people say it would be biased if u do with IMG doctors.i have done 2 observerships with well known doc and well known hospitals.and applied for volunteer in many hospital and chose more clinical as it would be..............is that work or not??pls reply if ALL LORs FROM OLD IMG doctors like since 15 or 20 years in us practice?would they help or seems to be biased?????????????thanks in advance...........best of luck
People say all kinds of things.

LoRs should be from people who know you and can vouch for you. As an IMG, those will most likely be old IMGs - they went through medical training in the US, they practice in the US so if there is any doubt, PDs can call them up. The key is to get strong LoRs from US doctors.

Observerships with those doctors is very relevant. Please get LoRs from them.

Volunteer work especially when clinical is part of your experience so please draw attention to it in your CV and during interviews.

Hope this answers some of your questions.

Good luck and God bless.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »