Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBME 13 discussion - mr821
@danniecherie

your very welcome and thank u Smile
An epidemiologist is investigating an outbreak of diarrhea among a total of 1000 consumers of vegetables. Of those consumers, 800 people ate tomatoes and 200 people ate lettuce.A total of 400 people became ill,80 of these people ate tomatoes, and 40 people ate lettuce. Which of the following indicates the probability of having developed diarrhea in people who consumed lettuce?Please, explain
explain, please...
Take the number of people who became ill eating lettuce (40) / the total number of people who ate lettuce (200)

40/200 = 0.2

i got that one right
Item4/block4
15 yr old with pupillary dilation and diaphoresis.on mental exam his affect agitated and thought process confuse.intoxication of which sub?

a) Alcohol
B)amphetamine
C)amyl nitrate
D)cannabis
E)Heroine

Item41/block3

Newborn with uncomplicated preg .21 Hr later begins sucking frantically and crying inconsolably.overreacts to stimuli arround him .symptom resolve over 2 to 3 wks .mom used which of following sub during preg ?
a) Alcohol
B)Heroin
c)LSD
D)Marijuana
e)Psilocybin

both "B"
can you explain why the second one is B...how is it heroin???
Cocaine is more abused then heroine in states.

http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/co...1/76.short
Can someone please send me NBME 13 offline questions/answers?

aprilruby4575.
.thanks
A 40 year old woman is brought to the Emergency department 30 minutes after sustaining server chest injuries in a motor vehicle accident. Despite appropriate treatment she dies 1 hour later. She had 25 year history of a well controlled seizure disorder. A photograph of a coronal section of the brain obtained at autopsy is shown. Which of the following is the most like diagnosis?

Glioblastoma Multiforme - seizure hx started too young, GBM arises in adults
Herpes simplex encephalitis - no hx of hypersexuality nor behavioral abnormalities
Mesial temporal sclerosis - didnt know what it was so I skipped it
Vascular malformation (I put this one and I think I got it right b/c I don't see it on the feedback)

Not exactly sure why its right though.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »