Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Serious Question regarding retaking USMLE Steps - anthony999
Hi Friends
I have cleared my Step 1, Step 2CK and CS, ECFMG certified in 2007
while i cleared Step 3 in 2008
all were 1st attempt but scores were low

Is it possible that i could retake my USMLE STEPS ?
Thank you
no.
Lol if it were that simple, everyone would do so.
For you to be able to do something like that you have to let 7 years pass between the time you passed your first exam and when you want to retake it. Althought I dont know if that rule persists once you have your ECFMG certificate.
when did you write each of these steps?? each steps score is valid for 7 years... so you can retake a particular step if its been 7 years since you got the score of that particular step...
you passed the exams. be happy about that. I cannot take the steps ever again, on account of I passed step 1 on 5th attempt, step 2 cs on 2nd attempt, but I failed step 2 ck 9 times and I do not want to take it a 10th time, and of course I have not taken step 3. Reading about people who have low scores but passed all exams and got certified, I feel so goddam ashamed and mad, I wish life was like the matrix movie or limitless movie, where you could download the information and ace the exam, or swallow some magical pill and everything would become clear and I would ace the exam. But no matter. Whatever happened, happened. I believe I tried to do the best I could. I am sad, I am mad, but this was fate, this was the story Bhagwan, Devil, and Maya wanted to see, maybe They did not want to see me succeed. No matter, I am helping my father at his office, doing quality assurance work, and I am pleased that I am using my medical information in some fashion. I never want to come back here again, to this Hell.
Finally passed
I (U WINDSOR) finally passed-here’s how…

Hang in there! if it helps, I took it and failed it too...I got a 187 in STEP 1..so imagine the anger and disappointment I went thru when i first got the news :/. Anyway, I took out my anger by going to the park, taking walks, talking to people that really cared about me, mostly my family (of course), and they told me that I could sooo do it again, no worries and to NOT listen to the negatives...which a lot of mean selfish people out there do for a living (maybe..lol). I mean all they say is "give up!, residency programs will not accept you if you failed the first time, yadda yadda yadda, blah blah blah" WRONG A'HOLES! Lol. Just remember that they (most hospitals) actually need you, regardless if you failed the first time. They want more doctors. If you look at most residency programs which I did, some of them say, "requires you to pass the step1 at least the second or third time" So I do not know where these selfish A'Holes are getting their info from. Failing step1 is not really a big deal...I mean once you are done with it the second time hopefully, try to hold a research position or volunteer somewhere to show that you really want this despite the fact you failed it the first time.

So be strong and listen up, get rid of that feeling as fast as possible...lol, and review this stuff all over again, just remember you ALMOST passed....all you need to do is add on! that's all you need "ADD ONs" well and grasping to the material that you probably missed while studying for it the first time.

This is what I did: I used my network from Caribe friends (windsor- 85% failure rate!) and found those that got 230s on 2nd attempt. using references I found a certified personal tutor (BBB) that got me through (cost $11k though! CALL 641 715 3900 EXT 833768 six four one seven one five thirty nine hundred ext eight three three seven six eight FOR THEIR 24 hr- INFO LINE). Pm me if you MUST pass as this is the best way for you.

Again think about it...you ALMOST passed...so that means you have a potential to get way more than passing the next time around,
anway! THE BEST OF LUCK TO YOU! I am positive you will pass the next time!

p.s. soorrry that my words all over the place. But hope you get my point here.
Did IT!i.e., HIGH SCORES!
Used this program:

-$11K per step

-4 Months in duration

-Online, with personalized phone instruction

-Comprehensive, with all study (CLINICAL CORRELATIONS- BASED) and multimedia course and MCQ materials provided by them (Yale/Case Western/U Miami MDs)

-Individualized, with ‘personal tutoring experience’ that diagnosed and managed my personal complaints

-Group-like experience, with classroom-like weekly tests, and grade rankings

-Case-based method that requires ACTIVE learning in which I presented cases to my teacher on a daily basis-the “sine qua non” of medical learning and teaching

-TO TOP IT ALL OFF, a one of a kind, “IF YOU DO NOT PASS, YOU PAY NOTHING…” escrow account (legal, licensed) –based 'contingency fee-' guarantee (unlike those joker programs that offer a free course re-take for each failure)

-EVEN better, I got scores in the 250s and 260s on my first attempts with them

-CALL them ANYTIME at their INFO LINE: six four one seven one five thirty nine hundred, ext eight three three seven six eight
u guys mean like when someone passed all the steps and is certified , they can retake the exams again after 7 years from passing the step 1 ? please clarify me . thanks
any 1 please
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »