Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
matched with low scores - rvd
81/77/84/cs pass/2008 grad/more than 2yr externship cl. exp. in US with good LORs from great universities. I matched into FM at a decent University. I had 7 ivs when I applied after completing step 3.

People with low scores and interested in FM, try to get good LORs. Keep calling the programs after applying to know the status of your application. Otherwise your application will be lost some where among 1000s. This will help you gain good no. of ivs.
Thank you for your great advice-keep calling program after applying.

Could you help me by elaborating more about what we should say when we call. We just ask about our application status or can we talk more about our interest in program or ask for consideration.

canad2001

Thanks

IMMED HELP for Unmatched../

see TOP GOOGLE RESULT for USMLE courses ratings, free university externships, physician assistant scholarships, OLD IMG strategies, high yield programs with no score requirements
https://www.usmleforum.com/zXYyTi
@rvd
Congrats!
Please send me the programs that interviewed you. Thnks
@step2usmle

just ask ur status and give ur aamc id. that implies u r interested in the pgm. dont ask them to consider ur application.
Thanks, rvd
congrtas.can u say me how did u get usce of 2 years,i mean by urself or by any portals by paid means?m to having low scores.u can mail me on ritz.me.ritz
Congratulations!! can you please guide how you got clinical experience/ externship for two years. I will really appreciate any input/advice depressedme0
Cong. RVD, could u plz tell me how do we get the 2years usce. Most of the places do not allow to work, they just refused. plz send me the clue/link to get in.
My e- mail : szan110

Thanks
hi..i got the usce by myself..not paid or portals..just call the clinics around you and see if any physician is interested in taking you..
i worked with an indian doctor in a private clinic for a long time-2 days per week. the other 3 days i worked with a US doctor for few months..in private clinics, some doctors will allow you to observe as long as u want to do..take histories n examine pts..that will be externship....my US phy even allowed me to draw blood from pts...later i got into research in residency hosp then end up doing externship there for few months
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »