Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody matched into Newark Beth Israel for IM? - aiims2009
???????
Hi,
I matched at Newark Beth Israel but in Peds...
Do you know of places to stay around there?
Its nice to know someone else around that area.
Hopefully we'll bump into each other some time.
hi docdee
could u pls share your credentials with us?
am planning to apply for pads next year....

thanks and best of luck for your residency
Congrats docdee !!! I have a friend who is in the peds program, she really loves it there. I hope you feel the same too.

With regards to the living situation, as you have already heard, but I'll repeat, avoid Newark, Irvington, East Orange, and Elizabeth.

Places to live (but not cheap): Union, Kenilworth, South Orange, Maplewood, and Belleville.

During my interview, I learned that some of the residents live further out for cheaper rent, like Bloomfield, Clifton, Caldwell, and Edison etc. Honestly speaking the rent is the same almost anywhere in the north jersey.

Good Luck, and I hope this helps. Hope to bump into each other there.
up
hi Mr/Ms.Docdee,

congrats!!I have matched at newark beth peds as well .my email id is drsowmya.c .have u got ur offer nd contract letter ? just want to know as i have not received it yet.

Thanks a lot aiims 2009, I had heard the same about the areas to live, I was just wondering is it possible to commute without having a car?
@ desiusmle, I have emailed you on both the addresses, the one mentioned here, and the one that I saw on the email that Dr. Neal had sent out. I had accepted a pre-match so I have already signed the Contract letter, don't worry it takes about a week or so.
@ dream77 my credentials are 99/96 step 3 yet to take. 7 month of research and 2 publications. I had an attempt on CS.
Hope this helps, GL for next year.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »