Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Statement of need. - ganong
I am an Indian citizen working as a legal resident in the gulf.Where do I get my statement of need /no objection certificate from? India or Gulf? And where can I apply for my J1 visa? India or country of legal permanent residence?
Will appreciate your inputs.....
??????????
India...again, ask an attorney to make it fast and right.
gl
I am in the same boat. I am a citizen of India, staying in the Gulf under my father's residence visa. ECFMG states that you put in the country of recent permanent residence. The country of our permanent residence is India as gulf countries do not give you permanent residency status. They only give out temporary work visas and temporary residence visas which we have to renew every 3 years or so. So, I put India for all the questions regarding legal permanent resident status. We will need to get the j1 visa from India itself. Just my opinion.
So , if we get Statement of Need from India, I hope they dont tell us at the embassy why we didnt get it from our country of permanent residence.....So much time would be wasted by then....
India is the country of permanent residence
agree with Orthop....India is the country of permanent residency. Gulf country is your country of current temporary residence.
I was in gulf before coming here. I did all my visa work (H1) from India only.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »