Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PA temporary license- HELP - picasso5
WHat do they mean by "To Qualify for a Temporary License, You Must Hold an Active Medical License in Another Jurisdiction." ? Is ECFMG certificate considered a medical license?
if u math anywhere...it is ur program's responsibility to apply for ur license,,,relax and leave it to them. u must be fine. they will ask u wht to do from ur side ...it needs some back ground check...which is like any other employment stuffs. ..or paperwork...just routine paper work and they knw how to get it done quickly . gl
I was asking because I do not have a medical license back in my home country and when I was searching for the pennsylvania temporary license requirement, I came across a sentence that says
To Qualify for a Temporary License, You Must Hold an Active Medical License in Another Jurisdiction. again, is ecfmg certificate considered a medical license?
thanks mery for the reply.
u shud be fine, coz ur program obtains such thing for u .
i havent heard of such, i think u r talking abt "state board" which is the exam u shud take once u r done with residency to be qualified to practice medicine or ped or what ever u r in.

anyways, for residents...hospital obtain a temporary license and dat dont need such massive headache or requirement...specially in pa.
ECFMG is not a medical license
Program will send you 2 forms (an application form and a school verification form). The application form you will return to your program and they will be the one to submit it to the State Board of Medicine together with the corresponding fees. The verification form you will send to your medical school to fill up and signed by your dean. Then the school will mail it directly to the PA State Board of Medicine. You can then follow up your temporary license by trying to verify it using the license verification website of the PA State Board of Medicine or thru the GME Office of your program. No need to submit a medical license from your country.
thanks plmcm for clarifying! really appreciate it!
picasso5
which visa you have/
this is important
@oocyte- for h1 visa.
this good because if you have J1 one of it is requirement that you should have home country licence for now email the licence board of PA wait for response usually in second day do not listen to any one else they will give you definite answer regarding this.GL
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »