Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Background check + drug test - inxs
Does the program usually pay? My program sent out the info and it looks like it will cost around $90!! They didn't say they would pay us back either. If you lived in another country, how does that affect the background check? Do you have to get something from your country and have it translated? Also is the drug test a urine, hair or blood test? Do you have to be in the US for it?
yes, they should pay. In fact check my site for drug test on residents.
Thanks. Anyone else?
@innx, sorry that was a cop out reply. here are details
1. the program or institution should pay
2. if you live in another country there are 2option - a. you go a recognized certified lab of their choosing close your residence or b. you do the test in US prior to starting your residency.
3. if you are given the option to get it done in home country in a lab of their choosing, then the reports (which are confidential at the time) will be transmitted to the institution directly. you will not be given a result/report (reducing chances of tampering)
4. most of the time it is a urine drug screen - prelim, if positive - detailed. rarely hair or skin but very very rare.
5. refer to point 2.
Thanks! That is very helpful. Since the background check + drug test together cost around $90 and the program didn't mention anything about giving us the $ for this should I ask them or will that look bad? don't want to start off looknig cheap haha but i also need ACLS and that is gonna be a few hundred $ as well....
it may depend on the employer - i have heard about some NY programs making incumbent residents pay - in which case, you have to do it (dept saves money, you are pissed but regardless you have to do it as part of pre-employment drug screen). Best to discuss this with PC. For more details regarding the steps of the drug test - refer to the original article Wink
Is there a time frame to get the drug testing done? Can I get it done now as I wanted to do it before I leave U.S. ?
Do you think the program pays for the test only if asked by the candidate?
If its their policy to pay for the test wouldn't the program mention it in the first place?

If the program has a pre arranged facility for you to take the test, then its a valid thing to ask the program if they have any agreement with the facility or would you be paying for the test.

Some programs do offer ACLS as part of the orientation. Ask the program...
thanks mleresidenytips i appreciate it. great site btw.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »