Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
did not match.what next? - mayukha
step1 89
step2 90
cs pass
step3 87(one attempt)
YOG 2007
10 months of usce ( both observorsips and externships)

2 ivs in IM did not match
what to do now? really confused..

Do you need a visa? i'm guessing yes
yes i need visa
Will masters /research/ more usce will help me become potential applicant next year? any suggestions
Did you apply only in im? may be you should apply in fm/peds if you able to attain the suitable lors and experience. can you please share with me how/where you got the observership/externship depressedme0 Thanks
yes i applied to fm and peds and i have lors in fm and peds too. but no ivs.
usce.....through many emails and follow ups
@mayukha
Where did you have your interviews? Thnks
look over your CAF carefully. pay close attention to your PS -- can you improve upon it? keep it to a single page; applying to multiple specialties then make sure it fits the specialty.

you already know this -- it's just not scores -- it's the complete package that you are bringing to the table that matters. apply broadly (if feasible) and to backup specialties as well.

more relevant usce will help as it shows you're connected. try for teaching hospitals near where you live (so you can go on rounds, didactics, journal clubs, etc).

accredited MPH programs (usually 2 yrs in length) is another option that may help boost your cv. there are programs that waive TOEFL and GRE, i.e., UTSPH (University of Texas School of Public Health).

don't loose hope; keep building up your cv and apply again Sept. Good Luck!!

feels like Im back on square one. dont know where to begin or how.. inspite of recent USCE and strong LoRs from university prg..I didnt get more than one interview...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »