Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Matched applicants- without contacts - iamadoctor
just wanted to see how important contacts are for matching.(i know its important).I have no contacts and dont know if i would be able to make one with private externships.
please people who matched this year without contacts please post your credential if posssible. or just drop in a message
anyone????
@madoctor,
The matched people said bye bye. so they will not going to give any info like this man...
@healthy

lol u made me madoctor...i think lots of them are having visa and licensing queries. Hopefully some kind soul would reply.
whats your thoughts on contacts?
My only contact is GOD! well, hard to believe...but i am trying my hardest to believe in Him to make a way. lets try! well, i cant think of anything else. but i believe in God and His goodness and mercy. gl
i have no contacts but still matched in FM.So work properly on application!Its always good if you have contacts but means nothing much if you don't have any..
GL
I had no contacts, matched in IM. I started by looking in the phone book and calling up doctors in my area. Eventually I found two that were willing to let me shadow them for a month each way and they wrote me LORs at the end. My stats are average, 220, 240, fairly old grad(07), no research.
Matched to IM. No contacts.
233/242/204/cs pass
1m univ obeservership, 5m pvt practice externship
3us lors
yog 2010

good scores, good interviewing skills in clear spoken english, and usce are all that u need. good luck Smile
Not sure what people on this forum mean by "contacts." Do you mean an attending whom you worked with who wrote you a strong LOR and likes you and wants you in their program? Or do you mean knowing an attending through family or friends and getting in that way? Because the first one is professional contact and there is nothing wrong with it. that is how you are SUPPOSED to work in the professional world and medicine is no different. Now people using their uncle's friend or something, that is a different story.....
by contacts I meant was professional or personal. I guess personal contact is what is happening a lot now a days from what i understand in the forum - like your friend who is a chief resident recomending you or relative/friend of attending.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »