Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
opinion regarding this dilemma - jn2013
creds 222/225/210...all first attempts ...have heard that my poor step 3 scores will be a hindrance next year...i know i cant fix that anymore and am trying my best to work on other aspects of the application...

is it true that a dip in step 3 by 15 or around that hurts the chances for interviews...
thanks in advance
same doubt in my mind...i wanna take step3 before the match2013.....wt if i also ve the dip in the score graph at step3??
does it affect badly? ive heard a variety in opinions...anyone with relevant experience??? pls help
From what I know, no Step three is more a Pass / Fail thing

Step 3 is a pass fail thing
They dont use it to screen
Some community programs prefer interviewees who have cleared the exams but the score isnt that important. Good luck
I don't think the score on Step 3 matters so much. Your step 1 and 2 are solid. don't worry about step 3..
Well how about if you went unmatched because of an attempt on step 2CK and you then decide to take step 3, then you would need to do really well on it to stand out and it make a difference unlike his situation??
well since there is an attempt on CK in this situation, your only hope of salvaging that is a high step 3 score and doing very well on the CK retake, since the other steps have already been taken. But still, in order of importance: Step 1 > Step 2 CK > Step 2 CS > Step 3.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »