Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my chances at next match - comstary
hello
I m IMG, YOG 2008, step 1 227 98, step 2 224 97, step 2 CS pass , step 3 201 78 , all of them 1st attempt , 1 yr USCE, need visa
any idea?
you seem to have a very strong file... you should try and get some more usce till you are invited for interviews.... so that you dont have any gap in your resume...
in short strong file for internal medicine.... but avoid any gaps in your resume till interview season begins......
@speedz
Thank you for your reply , I appreciate , I will apply for IM.
Apply to mostly community programs in more rural or undesirable locations and you should get a lot of iv's. Your scores are good but needing a visa makes your situation more difficult. Also IM seems to be getting more and more competitive.

also you have 1 yr USCE but graduated in 2008. What have you been doing for the rest of the time? Working in home country? What you have been doing wil be of great interest to PDs as well.
@inxs
Thank you , I worked as resident in my home country for a year .
that is a good use of the time, esp. because you have clinical experience in your home country. try to get more USCE as was mentioned here, ideally at a place that is IMG friendly and that you wuold have a chance to match to. then impress the hell out of the people there, get a strong LOR, apply there and also to as many IM programs as you can. Try to find out which ones are IMG friendly; that will make your application $ go much further than blindly applying. also look at positions offered out of the NRMP match next year, some will go "all out" of NRMP and maybe (??) these will not cost anything to apply to? Not sure about that but look at both NRMP positions and out of match. good luck!
Great scores! Any research or publications?
@inxs
thank you for your advice ,
@iamheretohelp
no research or publications
Great profile definitely better than mine, studying for step 3 right now, but managed to get 4 IV's with an attempt on 2CK, you can definitely land IV's with your scores, just apply smart and like people said above if you can, fill your resume up with research and contacts....oh yea, what did you think of step 3, I keep hesitating if I should take it or not??
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »