Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
doubt about prelim position - gtdfff
what if i do prelim on j1 and what are the options next year if i am in prelim surgery?
guys reply me this post is not only for views
dat sux! if u really think u have option next yr...dont take it!

if u think u can make it next yr on a j visa to continue...then u may try it at least ....

over all, if u can fix the figging visa and have option next yr, then dont wast it for such 1 yr j...fix the frigging visa and use ur next yr option......it is really tough to go for a 1 yr on j...and think of waiver r else....u got to make up ur mind....is it a good fmg frndly program to help u next yr?
mine promised for the slot...but at the very last moment, they cheated and gave the slot to their DOs who didnt match!!! and got rid of fmgs!!! at least, i am not on j! thank GOD at least! dat is really painful to be on j! some may change to other j research programs if they cant make it....but those are not easy to get...again u got to waive it...it is really complicated with all the headache of j visa. gl
i have no idea of what you just said
ahhh,,,,sorry...i rushed to read ur post....i thought u have "an option" for next yr to get in a better program (like u can get ur gc and apply for a better program)...well, u dont!

1 yr prelim on j sux...coz u got to waive it....it depends on ur program...if it is a nice fmg frndly program who help fmgs...then they help u out for the next step...so u shud be fine.

if it is not fmg frndly ...or not a good program....where they abuse and drain the reisidents...or a community program where other programs usually dont give them a shit....finding the pgy2 or next program might be hard.

again, it is like a game....i wudnt go for a 1 of prelim on j....!
u can call ur program and ask them how many of prelim usually get in advance ? so u will have some ideas.

i had a prelim in a shity communit program where they promised to keep us(fmgs)...but at the very last moment, they kept their own amgs (Dos) who cudnt match at advance and dump us (fmgs). which is unfortunate...thank God i am on H...so it dont burn me much! i dont need to waive it!

so overall, ur best option is to call ur program and ask. tell them that u need to waive ur visa if u cant find a job or slot next yr...ask for possible options or help from their side to make up ur mind....or go there and talk to couple of residents on j visa to see wht is going on and if they keep fmg premlims after the 1st yr...or how much they help fmgs after the 1st yr. gl
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »